Tuesday, August 31, 2010

8/31/2010 Last Day of August….Already? Finally!

The last day of August. The last day of a full summer month. Oh, I’m sorry I wrote that. Yeah, I could backspace and make it go away like it never existed but the thought is already in my head, so what would be the point? I can’t un-think it.

While we have had a wonderful summer, living at the beach, seeing family and friends, eatin’ crabs, fishin’, baking in the sun, making new friends, well, we’re ready to move on, but its still sad.

Fall is just around the corner. Sweatshirts and jackets will come out, we’ll have more days in jeans than in shorts,,,well, at least until we get to Arizona,,,, a summer coming to an end, in my mind, is a sad thing. Another so long I don’t like to give. Of course when we do get to Arizona it will likely be 100 degrees and these sad thoughts will vanish as quickly as splashed water on the cement around the pool.

I worked the store with Linda as the ice person today, We sold very little ice. So mostly I just sat there and read or talked with Linda.

I did see a mobile RV repair guy in the park and went to talk with him about getting an estimate for the work we needed done. He said he would fax it to us as soon as he had it prepared. I’m still not hearing anything from Ocean Rv. I know they are busy but I was hoping for that promised call. By afternoon’s end I called them and left a message. Time is running out for us, we have to get this done SOON!

No comments: