Monday, August 23, 2010

8/23/2010 The Nightmare Continues

Up at six, I got right to work sucking water again. It seemed to have pooled in areas so that it made it easier to get it out. They weren’t majorly soaked anymore, they were majorly damp. This is good thing. They will dry and Bob won’t ever have to know.

I started my work day, remember this is my LONG day, 8-7. I was exhausted! I had had no sleep, I was physically hurting and mentally, well, let’s just say I was beyond thinking at this point.

I didn’t realize I had been pacing and Tom, my iceman, said, “Snookie if you keep pacing like that I’m going to have to buy you a new pair of sneakers by the end of the day”. I looked at him and burst into tears. He was beside himself because he thought he said something and then he thought something had happened to Bob. I made him promise to not tell a soul because I didn’t want it to get out and someone bring up to Bob,,,,all will be well by Sunday and Bob won’t have to know.

Tom said he had had two floods and it would be fine, it would dry and its all good. I so wanted to believe that.

Donna and Bill had errands to run and when they got back Donna started suckin’ water and Bill propped pieces of wood under the belly to get the water flowing as it had slowed to a drip. This is good, its draining, almost dry as its down to a drip. Bob won’t have to know.

I couldn't last until 7 tonight so I closed the store at 4. We weren't busy anyway and my mind was definately not at work. When I got home Donna was there and I was anxious to see how things were going. Not as good as I had hoped. The carpets, just barely damp. This is good. The underbelly of the rig,,,,hmmmm,,,,still bulging. True, it had gone up a little, after all alot of water had run out but it was still bulging too much to suit me.

It was decided that Bill would prop our ladder under the rig to push up on the underbelly to get that water flowing faster. This will take place in the morning when there is daylight.

We played Mexican Train tonight and it was good to get away from this huge problem looming over me.

I’m hoping I can sleep tonight, I am so tired.

1 comment:

Donna McNicol said...

Oh Snookie!!!! I just read all your posts and my heart goes out to you. We've had two water disasters in the last year and neither was as bad as yours. Sending hugs your way!!!