Wednesday, August 25, 2010

8/25/2010 Bill & Donna Travel On….

Seven o’clock this morning I made a phone call to Bob. I wanted to assure him that all was well and that the insulation was gone and the carpet cleaners were scheduled and that both Jeff and our insurance adjuster said that it wasn’t as bad as WE think it is. I think he felt better and when we hung up I got a “talk to you later hon” tells me we won’t be giving any business to the undertaker in the near future.

Also this morning I had to say so long to Bill and Donna.

I hated to see them go because most of their visit was filled with working with me to make things right after the GREAT FLOOD.

I’ve said THANK YOU a thousand times to these two these past few days so I don’t think once more will hurt a bit.

Bill, Donna, THANK YOU! Thank you for helping me keep my sanity these past few days. Thank you for going way beyond what one could hope for with help from a friend when in need. Thank you my friends, for being YOU!

IMG_5909

After seeing them off I went back home as forever friend Cindy was coming in today to help me clean up a bit more and start getting stuff packed up to hit the road. Its amazing how much stuff one brings out from storage when one is settled in for a long period of time. I bring out all the knick knacks, not that I have that many to begin with, but they have to be packed away now that we’ll be moving soon. This is also a chance for me to go through every cabinet to find things that I just don’t need or use. Needless to say Cindy went home with more things than she came with.

After awhile, we just tired of this activity and went to Bethany Beach so I could pick some things up at the post office and then to the Bethany Beach florist to buy some things as I had a $30.00 gift certificate for there. I didn’t think to take pictures of my new possessions and they are wrapped and put away all ready. When I get them out again I’ll show you then.

Tummies started to rumble and I had another gift certificate to use up so Cindy and I went to lunch at Peach’s Bar and Grill. Oh. My. What a fabulous lunch we had. We got the sampler appetizer combo. We shared potato skins topped with cheddar cheese and bacon and sour cream on the side. The second of our choice of four was onion rings and they were cooked to perfection, Third on our list was a half pound of steamed shrimp served hot. Good sized shrimp, seasoned just right with Old Bay. Now the fourth item in our four dish appetizer combo was absolutely the best. It was a bread bowl filled with a crab dip with nice chunks of lump crab meat in a lightly seasoned cream sauce. We were served triangles of toasted white bread to spoon the crab dip onto. At first I thought….white bread toast????…..but actually, it was the perfect choice. You wanted something that was so,.,.so….white bread so you could actually enjoy the taste of the crab dip and this crab dip was to die for! There was not one morsel of food left when we were done. If ever in the area, by all means Peach’s Bar and Grill and is the place for lunch and I highly recommend the appetizer sampler, just make sure one of your choices is the bread bowl crab dip.

Cindy went on her way as she going back to Wilmington this evening. I spent the rest of the night getting ready for the carpet cleaners to come tomorrow. I will be so glad when this is all behind me.

5 comments:

cruzin2some said...

Sounds like things are all working out. I know you will need a nice long break when this is all taken care of.

Everyting happens for a reason! Maybe one day you will know the reason for the great flood!

Stay Safe

Anonymous said...

huh - so it hasn't occurred to you that your husband knew about the situation the FIRST TIME he called and you blew it then? then he stews for 20 minutes, calls you back, and still has to drage it out of you?

Tracy said...

You needed a good day!

LaVon Baker said...

Hey Snookie, I think you have a private investigator in your readership. LOL

The great flood sure has made for good blog material, though.

Snookie said...

Cruzin: I said the same thing, everything happens for a reason.

LaVon: I am truly shocked at the numbers on this one. Jumpin' from the airplane got me about 600 and so far that counter has turned about 1300! Who knew!

Anon: Trust me, Bob did NOT know the first time he called me. My Bob doesn't play games.