Sunday, September 12, 2010

9/12/2010 What Kind Of Day Can It Be…..If You

…start the day out and can’t even find the box or bag with your underwear in it? It took me 35 minutes to find my underwear this morning and they were in the basement of the rig! I guess when Bob said put the stuff anywhere he wasn’t kidding!

This is so overwhelming! When we bought the Kountry Star we had emptied all the weekend stuff we had in our Jayco onto our porch, We had with us only what we were going to need for the two day trip to go get the new one in New York. It took one trip to transfer our belongings. One trip. An overnight bag. When we got the Kountry Star home we took our time putting our weekend stuff into it. We lined the shelves, we moved stuff from here to there and back again. Nice and easy, no rush.

Not this time! We’ve got boxes and bags stuffed everywhere and there is no rhyme to reason as to where things were put. It doesn’t help that we have things with us that we don’t want anymore but the items are just too good to throw away and we have to find someone who can surely use these things so in the meantime, we’ll store them.

We were slow to start this morning. It was nearly 10:30 before I can honestly say we got our butts in gear. We’re so darn tired!

Bob started by taking everything out of the basement, he needed to start with a clean slate. He sorted things, threw a few little things out, consolidated, condensed, organized,,,,the basement is done. Well, not done because a lot of has to come inside but its so chaotic in here that he isn’t willing to add to the mess.

I decided to start on the bathroom. How long could that take? HA HA HA! Longer than I expected, that’s for sure!

I lined all the shelves….

IMG_6070

IMG_6071

This rubber like liner keeps everything from moving while we travel.

Our bathroom.

IMG_6068

I want you to pay special attention to the rug on the floor. It’s very thick and luxurious. I bought it in Penny’s when Mom and I went shopping one day. Now you all know I am the Queen of Cheap. I am hard pressed to part with our money. Imagine my surprise when I see the price tag on this bathroom rug.

IMG_6075

Fifty bucks for a bathroom rug???? Oh. My. Gosh. No way, no how! Lucky for me it was on sale, marked waaaay down.

IMG_6076

I balked at twenty bucks but then remembered I had a $15.00 coupon! I got this rug, this thick, luxurious rug for $4.99! This is MY kind of shopping!

The rest of my bathroom.

IMG_6069

The wood in our new rig is Glazed Cherry and we are both happy with this. Its a pretty wood.

From the bathroom I started the kitchen. Shelves needed to be lined, I had to figure out where stuff was going to go! It is slow going! Very slow going!

It doesn’t help that Bob and I are at each other’s throats. I think the stress of this move, the fact that we’re tired and that we just haven’t STOPPED for the last several weeks is taking a toll on us. Neither one of us can do anything right in the other’s eyes and I’m ready to scream. In fact, I did. I just had to. This isn’t easy and I’m frustrated with not being able to find anything. I made spaghetti for dinner tonight, something fast and easy and I had the water boiling, the sauce heated and the next thing I know I’m tearing through boxes and bags trying to find the noodles. I just lost it. I don’t like living like this. I want to know where to find my underwear and spaghetti noodles! Is that too much to ask?

After dinner, which I didn’t eat, Bob and I really got into it and I was so mad I lost my appetite, I decided I just wasn’t go to do another thing,

There’s always tomorrow.

More pictures coming your way as I get things done!

3 comments:

Tracy said...

Congrats! Looking good.Forget cooking tomorrow. Work a little and rest a little. Right now it's overwhelming to organize the stuff but when you are done, you are going to feel soooo good in your new home!

Karen and Al said...

Congrats on the new home. I know how it is when you both get tired and grouchy. Hang in there, it'll get done! We'd like to see more pictures of the new rig when you get settled.

Sharon said...

Oh, my dear Snookie, how I know all about the stuff you are going through. Remember when we bought the larger coach 3 years ago in QR. We had 24 hours to switch all our stuff and get the old rig out of the park!
Tom and I are not speaking much the past few days as we load for leaving. That is so we won't scream at each other. Trying to make sure I have it all really stresses me. i found I had loaded all my underwear in the rig when I went to get dreassed this AM.I will think of you when I fold undies and boil spaghetti.