Wednesday, September 15, 2010

9/15/2010 Two a.m. and All Is Quiet, UNTIL,,,,,

I was all snuggled down in the covers, nice and warm since we had the windows slightly open and it was a tad cool outside. I was sound asleep and still had HOURS to go before I would get up and face the day. Yep, life was good. Until.

BOB: “SNOOK, ARE YOU UP?”

Snookie: “Huh? What? What’s wrong?”

BOB: “YOU ARE NOT GOING TO BELIEVE THIS!”

Snookie: “Huh? What? What’s wrong?”

BOB: “THIS IS JUST UNBELIEVABLE!”

Snookie: “Huh? What? What’s wrong?”

BOB: “I JUST CANNOT BELIEVE THIS IS HAPPENING!”

Snookie: “Wwwhhhaaaaatttttt?”

BOB: “MY FISHING POLES! I DIDN’T TAKE MY FISHING POLES OUT OF THE OLD TRAILER!!!!

Snookie: “oh.”

Snookie: “Well, we’ll have them shipped.” ::yawn::

BOB: “THAT WILL COST A FORTUNE! WE’LL GO BACK TOMORROW AND GET THEM!”

Bob spent the rest of the night, wide awake, worrying that the service bay guys have already found them and that they have been split up between them and listed on EBAY already as there isn’t much use for salt water surf poles on Lake Michigan.

Snookie went back to bed, found that happy place snuggled down in the covers and promptly went back to sleep.

"::::Several hours later::::

As soon as I was up and coherent I emailed our salesman at the dealership and within minutes he got back to me letting me know the poles/reels were safely in his truck and all was taken care. I emailed back that since it was going to rain on Thursday, we would pick them up then. Bob was a happy camper. Tired, but happy.

We got a few more things done around the house but nothing picture worthy.

It was time to take a ride, to get away from it all, we needed a break. So we took a ride to Lake Michigan, watched the white sail boats bob against the blue backdrop of water and sky, watched the seagulls chase each other on the beach and just enjoyed being out in the sunshine.

My only disappointment was I didn’t get to hear the sand sing. Its said that if you walk at the water’s edge that when you walk the friction of your feet against the sand makes a musical note sound. I listened hard but darn if I could hear anything, Maybe you have to be barefoot,…and I wasn’t.

On the way home we stopped at the hundred dollar store and I got out of there with a bill that totaled just under fifty….it WAS a good day!

After dinner we settled in to watch Survivor. Young people *under 30* against the old people *over 40*. Should be an interesting season.


THIS IS MY ONE THOUSANDTH, TWO HUNDRED, THIRTY FOURTH POST (1,234)

4 comments:

Karen and Al said...

I'm glad the fishing poles were safe and sound.

Rooting for the "older" survivors! I don't like when they call them old.

Karen and Al said...

I'm glad the fishing poles were safe and sound.

Rooting for the "older" survivors! I don't like when they call them old.

KarenInTheWoods said...

LOL LOL LOL Steveio said he would never dare wake me up over something like fishing poles... it would be like taking his life in his hands!


*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Karen and Steve
(Our Blog) RVing: Small House... BIG Backyard
http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com/

LaVon Baker said...

Bob cracks me up.