Tuesday, September 14, 2010

9/14/2010 We Can Roll…..

We had a decision to make today, Not one we liked making but one that had to be made all the same. The direction in which we’ll go. We have friends all over the state of Michigan that we had hoped to see while we were here. We were really looking forward to seeing these friends of ours but time constraints are not going to allow us the luxury of catching up with them. I just know we are going to regret not backtracking so that we could visit but sometimes priorities just don’t allow us the time to do all things we would like to do versus the things we need to do. So friends, we leave your state and the only thing we can say is…..Next time, we’ll visit next time.

I took this picture of our new home before we pulled out today. Look at the size of that slide! Though we haven’t actually measured it yet we believe the left slide is 20 feet long. It makes up part of the kitchen, the hallway and the bedroom.

IMG_6086

We pulled out of Michigan around 10:30 and drove about an hour and a half south-southwest to Indiana. Another point of entry for us.

IMG_6088

While we were in this rest stop I took a picture of the truck and rig.

IMG_6087

Even though we are in Indiana we are staying in the Michigan City Campground. Go figure.

There’s nothing special about it, its not beautiful like the last one and its only a few dollars cheaper. Makes me sorry we moved to tell ya the truth.

We love setting up the new trailer…its so easy! I’ll explain more about that in another post though.

So we got started right away in putting yet more stuff away and I’m at a point that I can take pictures of the kitchen now! Yay me!

First things first. Bob just loves pushing a button and awning goes out/comes in.

IMG_6095

Our entryway. A place to put your jacket or hat.

IMG_6099

It must be the lighting because the wood doesn’t really look this red.

IMG_6090

IMG_6091

Hooray! A double door fridge and double door freezer! Lots more room! Nice deep drawers underneath too.

IMG_6093

I just love the slide out pantry drawers!

IMG_6094

IMG_6096

Bob is going to add a third shelf for more me as soon as I get a step stool so that I can reach it.

IMG_6098

See this cabinet? Guess what’s behind that door.

IMG_6103

A handy place for our freezer.

IMG_6102

All in all, its a slow process, but everyday it feels more and more like……

IMG_6100

Late afternoon and early evening brought some TV. There’s a TV channel in this area called ME-TV and it plays the old shows from years gone by. The Rifleman, Batman, oh I can’t believe that was actually prime time TV at one point! Of course that was back in 1966! We’ve watched I Love Lucy, Dick Van Dyke, Wild, Wild West and several others.

Another day down, another day closer to being done. More pictures to come.

8 comments:

DeWayne and Joy said...

WOW!!!!! What a beautiful RV!!! Wanna swap? Hehe, don't answer that. Just kidding. Glad you guys are making progress and you can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Enjoy your new home, my friends. We're tickled for ya!

Karen and Al said...

Your new home is beautiful. I love all the space you have in your kitchen!

Wendy and Rick Fury said...

It looks like you have more space for storage in your kitchen than I do. I am jealous! What length is it? I like the one wall slide up front. The only bad part about the awning is that you really can't tie it down good if the wind comes up. Hope you continue to enjoy your Carriage.

Anonymous said...

Just -- WOW! My feelings are no longer hurt that you didn't stop longer in Michigan. Your new home is wonderful and I know the move was stressful. To tell you the truth, we'd rather see you guys when you aren't cranky;) Enjoy your new digs.

Ann

KarenInTheWoods said...

Thanks for the tour!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE Your pull out pantry drawers.. how cool is that?

And you sum it all up nicely with the last shot .. about it being **HOME**

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Karen and Steve
(Our Blog) RVing: Small House... BIG Backyard
http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com/

LaVon Baker said...

It's just beautiful, Snookie! Don loves your new frig and freezer with the double doors! Can't wait to see more pics.

Peggy & Bill said...

It is beautiful! Can't wait to see it in person! I want a grand tour even if it is in storage! I know how much Bob loves that "push button" for in/out awning.....just remember........ALWAYS PUT IT IN!!!!
LOL from the experienced one!
You'll love the 2 refrigerators. I don't know what I would do without ours. A must for full timers! Happy & safe travels with your new rig.

deann said...

BEAUTIFUL!! I can't wait to see it in person.