Tuesday, September 7, 2010

9/7/2010 Hello Ohio!

A new state for us! Ohio.

Bob has driven through this state before but has not spent the night. We will so we’ll get to add yet another state to our map. Come to think of it, I’ve driven through Ohio myself, oh about thir…… a long time ago.

We had to drive under a mountain today.

IMG_6038

I was surprised to see this picture because I thought it was this color because of my sunglasses! Traffic was…um…light.IMG_6039

IMG_6040

We stopped around three today as six hours in the truck was long enough. We got as far as Cleveland today and we’ll finish up the first leg of our journey tomorrow where we’ll stay put for two days. No time to really sightsee and check the area out, we’re on a mission!

We pulled into a KOA campground and knew almost immediately that we were in one. The train went by and blew its whistle. I think its a requirement for all KOA’s. Trains must be present and they must blow the whistle,,,,often.

We got settled in and a nice thunderstorm came through. A cooling rain and some impressive boomers!

Big things happening really soon!

2 comments:

DeWayne and Joy said...

Hey, I remember that tunnel! Ain't it great to be back on the road? We're getting the "itch" and ready to leave here in a week. Heading to Reno, will do Seattle next year. Safe travels!

Karen and Al said...

You pulled the trailer through that? OMG! I'd have had to hide under the covers...it looks so narrow and small!