Sunday, September 5, 2010

9/5/2010 Our Last Full Day Here

The last Crab Imperial dinner has been had, the Casapulla’s cheesesteak consumed, the last Capriotti’s sub enjoyed. We can leave now.

Today is our last full day here. We’re glad, its time to go.

I wish I felt better. I have the sore throat from hell. By the end of Lerch the day my voice is so froggy that I could give Lerch from the Addam’s Family a run for his money on who can say, “ You rang?” the deepest. I so don’t sound like a girl! Definitely more than one frog. Hmmm,,,what would you call that, more than one frog? There’s a gaggle of geese and a herd of buffalo but what is more than one frog? A flock of frogs? Yeah, that works, I have a flock of frogs in my throat by the end of the day.

Now along with this froggy throat is a cough. Did you ever cough so hard it was like a million needles going into ever part of your body? By the time the feeling leaves, I’m spent. I have no energy, I can hardly move my arms. I don’t like this at all. Of course with the froggy voice and the cough comes phlegm. Aren’t you just tickled that I’m sharing all this with you? So now to get through the night I have to do the dreaded NyQuil stuff. That vile tasting liquid that may say cherry flavor but no more favors cherry flavoring than castor oil! So I have to prepare for this. I pour the red stuff into that 55 gallon drum little cup that comes attached to the bottle and then I get my Pepsi ready. I know what its going to taste like and I think about that for a second and I get a whole body shiver. Now I go through what I can only describe as something close to a child’s pee-pee dance. Don’t laugh, if you’ve taken NyQuil you know exactly what I’m talkin’ about! I take a deep breath, throw the shot of Nyquil down with an immediate Pepsi chaser and I do the whole body shiver again. Whew, its over. In twenty minutes,,,,I’m out like a light.

So that’s how sick I am.

Everything that can be done to get us on the road, is. I didn’t cook this evening, Bob had a 90 second in the microwave bag of rice and I had a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Good thing we weren’t all that hungry. I just don’t have any appetite and I think Bob is just so tired that he doesn’t have the energy to eat.

Ok, get ready for the last sunset. Sorry folks, but there’s a lot of pictures, prepare for your eyes to bleed.

This promises to be a pretty sunset!

IMG_5995

To mix it up some I even took the pictures in all kinds of settings on my camera.

This was the night time setting with the sun centered.

IMG_5996

No flash setting, again centered. (must be night time setting because its so dark)

IMG_5997

I forget….its just pretty, enjoy it.

IMG_6001

IMG_6003

IMG_6005

IMG_6008

IMG_6010

My very last sunset picture taken in September over the Indian River Inlet. There weren’t many I missed and every one I saw, I thoroughly enjoyed! I decided not to post them all,,,I just couldn’t do that to you.

IMG_6011

I spent awhile sitting with Tom and Lynne, fellow camp hosts, in their yard. I'm going to miss these two. Alot! Tom could always me make laugh and Lynne,,,well we think alike on so many levels its just uncanny. Yep, gonna miss these new friends of ours but we are hoping to see them on the road someday.

No comments: