Thursday, September 30, 2010

9/30/2010 Goodbye September

Another month gone. I have no idea where this month went.

Yesterday was kind of a do nothing day for us and I didn’t have anything to blog about.

Today was laundry day, the first time in awhile and I had to the “hotel” here on base to do it. I’m not complaining, it was free and I got to sit on a very comfortable sofa and watch TV while our clothes spun around first in one machine and then the other.

When I got back I took some pictures of the horses across the street.

Too bad the chain link fence was in the way. This one would lean her head up against the fence inviting me to scratch. I happily obliged.

IMG_6561

This one was really skittish and when I snapped the pic he ran away.

IMG_6562

Curiosity got the best of him because he came back. At one point I tried to scratch but he wanted no parts of that.

IMG_6563

I wish the fence hadn’t been separating us and I wish I’d had a bag of carrots of apples with me.

IMG_6564

Later on in the day I was in the house and heard Bob talking to someone outside and then I heard my name being called and it wasn’t Bob’s voice. Hmmm,,,we have company!

Imagine my surprise when I go outside and see Quail Run friends Bill and Pat! They are passing through and being retired military take advantage of FamCamps too. We had a great time catching up with them. They’ll be leaving in the morning as they are traveling to go see family before they make a connection for a Space Available flight to Europe. (I would love to make a Space A trip to a foreign land. Note to self: WORK ON THAT!) These two will fly to Europe for around $25.00 a piece. Not a bad deal at all!

IMG_6567

We’re leaving here tomorrow. Time to head further west.

1 comment:

LaVon Baker said...

How did I miss this post with the horse pictures??? Love your close ups.