Saturday, September 18, 2010

9/18/2010 Old Stuff,,,New Stuff

I took some pictures when we went to see Lake Michigan and forgot I had them in the camera. Here they are.

IMG_6107

IMG_6108

A duck I saw in the marina.

IMG_6110

Doesn’t every downtown area need a nuclear reactor?

IMG_6111

On the morning of the 16th I turned on the computer and guess what number showed up on the counter on this blog?

IMG_6106

This tells me there are an awful lot you out there reading. (thank you!) Are YOU listed as a Frequent Reader of my blog? If not, its easy to sign up. Look in the right hand column for Frequent Readers and click on Follow. You can add a picture if you like but it isn’t necessary.

Thursday took us back to Michigan to pick up the forgotten fishing poles. On the way we saw this sign for a gas station and we were hoping this was a mistake! Sure, we’d love to see diesel be $1.11 cheaper than unleaded but this is ridiculous!

IMG_6116

Fishing poles secured, a final goodbye to Rick, our salesman and we headed back to Indiana.

Friday brought us to a move to Illinois.

IMG_6118

We stayed in a really nice campground called Lakeside Campground.

IMG_6125

IMG_6122

We had hoped to stay for a couple of days but there was a Corvette car show going on in town the place was jammed packed. We got the last space available for that night and it was only open that night.

We met a real nice couple, Brownie and June, and hope to meet them on the road again some day. They aren’t fulltimers yet but are giving this lifestyle some serious thought. C’mon guys, take the plunge!

On the road again this morning and we’re heading towards Missouri. On the way we saw this cloud in the distance and couldn’t figure out what it was. As we got closer we realized that a farmer was liming his fields.

IMG_6119

So we crossed into Missouri…..

IMG_6138

….and we weren’t too far into the state when we saw this giant cross!

IMG_6128

We didn’t see any buildings in the area so don’t know where the church is that this belongs to.

Around 3 o’clock we pulled into the Stanton-Meramec KOA. Does that sound familiar to some of you? This is where we workamped with Barb and Dan back in the summer of 07. We even have our same space as then, good ol’ site seven. It was like coming home again. It was so nice to see Dan and Barb again. We’re going to be here until Tuesday morning as Dan set aside three nights for us.

For dinner we ordered from the kitchen here in the campground. Bob had a half rack of ribs that he just couldn’t stop raving about and I had a pizza that brought back good memories of a tasty treat that I enjoyed very much a couple of years ago here. Oh yeah, its good to be back.

As I type this we are under a severe storm watch. Hail the size of tennis balls have been reported in the outlying areas. I hope that doesn’t happen here,,,,not now, not with the new rig….oh please, not now.

4 comments:

KarenInTheWoods said...

OH gosh, glad Bob got his poles back safe and sound! We remember how worried he was.... LOL 2am, what a nut!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Karen and Steve
(Our Blog) RVing: Small House... BIG Backyard
http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com/

Peggy & Bill said...

Hope you made it through the storm okay. Thinking of you.

Richard said...

Love your blog and your pictures are great. Only I do need to make just one little correction. That giant Cross is in Illinois along I-70. The only reason I know this is we passed it on our way home to Missery after leaving Goshen. We have driven I-70 from St. Louis to Jeff City so many times I have it memorized. UGH. But soon we will be full timers too! Just 3 more months! Yay!

The Bennetts

Snookie said...

Oops, I made a mistake! That cross that I have pictured in this post. Its actually in Illinois and not Missouri as I posted.

Thanks Richard for pointing this out to me. I truly appreciate it.

I'm glad you are following our adventures and I just know you are looking forward to your own.

If you are down to three months you need to start YOUR blog now. please email me at SnookieQ at America Online dot com