Saturday, September 4, 2010

9/3-4/2010 Loose Ends Being Tied

So many little things to get packed away and secured before we hit the road.

Friends stopping by to say so long one more time.

At least we didn’t have Earl to deal with as he listened and went farther out to sea than was first predicted. He just grazed us here and we’ve had more rain in just a passing thunderstorm. We’re glad. It could have been ugly.

Tides have been higher than usual and the riptide has been brutal. Lots of rescues going on at the beaches we’ve even heard of some major injuries, although thankfully, not many.

Bob and I had our exit interview with Emily the volunteer coordinator. We answered all her questions as truthfully as we could, added our own comments and are truly hoping some of our ideas are put to work to make workamping here a better experience for the next ones coming in. Some improvements need to be made so the work is more equally divided rather than the newbie’s doing all/most of the grunt work. Yep, changes need to be made. She certainly seemed receptive to our ideas but she won’t be here next year so hopefully her replacement will read Emily’s after action report and take heed.

I enjoyed some of the last sunsets over water that I’ll see in a while.

9/3/2010

IMG_5971

IMG_5972

IMG_5974

9/4/2010

IMG_5977

I’m going to miss these sunsets, I never get tired of them.

IMG_5979

IMG_5980

5 comments:

LaVon Baker said...

I'm going to miss your sunset pictures, too. The ones with the gull in them are outstanding! Wow!

Sharon said...

Great sunset pictures! I like the sunsets over water too.
Sharon

Melanie said...

Sun set is one of my favorite views. It is so meaningful, very dramatic. I just love watching the sky getting dark. To me it means peaceful and the best time to rest and be ready for the following day which is very busy again and stressful.

Tracy said...

Gorgeous pictures. I will miss seeing the sunsets pics. They are always so good.

Summer said...

Interesting. The sunset photo is absolutely stunning. There was this time that my husband brought me along the beach just to watch the sun set. I found it so romantic.