Tuesday, June 10, 2014

6/10/14 I NEED More Sun!

(Damascus, VA)

We live in the shade.  This is a major problem for us.  For me more than Bob because my mood and whole being are affected by the lack of sunshine.  Now that I think about it maybe it is more of a problem for Bob.  <grin>

I guess this is just one of the things one has to deal with when one lives in a forest.  Here is a picture looking out our back window.

IMG_8477
Yes, we can tell its daylight buts it isn’t enough.  The picture below was taken outside.

IMG_8479
This is a reason why I am always so thankful to get off the mountain.  We get out in the open and I can put my arm out the window and feel the sun.  It’s like heaven to me.

IMG_8480
We have so little sunshine getting through the trees that we have to turn the lights on during the day to read anything or do anything on the side of the rig that doesn’t have windows.

I now have absolutely no doubt that I could NOT live in Alaska during the six month period where the sun isn’t up too long during the day.

I so enjoy going to work because the gatehouse has one wall of  windows and two doors that can be open anytime I want them open and I can sit outside if I choose.  Sometimes I think I would love to go back to the days at Delaware State Seashore Park when we were workamping for the marina, where we were outside all day long.

Did I mention it rains here?  That we seldom go three days straight without rain at some point?  That more days, than not, that we have a 50%, or better,  chance of rain?

It’s a really, really good thing that we like the people here or I can tell you that we would be out of here for sure.

Here’s to sunshine-y days!

No comments: