Saturday, June 21, 2014

6/21/2014 Aftermath of the Storm

(Damascus, VA)

While I was in the gatehouse today I kept hearing about the trees on the road from the campground loops down to the gatehouse.  Bob and I hadn’t noticed anything on the way down so I just couldn’t understand what everyone was talking about.

Sure enough, Bob picked me up after my shift and the first he said was, “Wait till you see the trees.”  He had seen them on the way back up to the campground loop.

It seems the hail we had yesterday during that storm did quite a number on the trees.  Stripped the bark right off of several.

IMG_8549

A better look.

IMG_8550
There was another tree that looked like it just exploded as if struck by lightning.

This afternoon we sat outside and watched the hummingbirds.  For some reason we have more than ever.

IMG_8556

IMG_8557

IMG_8561

IMG_8562
It rained all evening (what’s new?) so the campers weren’t knocking on our door to buy firewood.  That’s a good thing but all this rain is getting old.

No comments: