Monday, June 16, 2014

6/16/2014 Not the Day We Planned

(Damascus, VA)

I don’t how it turns out this way, but we make tentative plans for Monday on Friday and come Monday everything changes.

We were supposed to go to the lake today.  It was a beautiful day to be on the water and on the beach.  Bob was going to put our new boat in water to get a feel for it, perhaps do some fishing and I was going to record it all in digital images from the beach.  I even planned on taking my super duper long lens so I could get every facial expression as he plied the waters of Beartree Lake.

Well guess what we didn’t do.  I never even saw the lake!  The boat never touched lake water.  What did we do instead?  Bob did a much needed cleaning of the roof.

I am ever so thankful that he takes maintenance of our rig and truck and our home in Arizona so seriously but why today?  I am in some serious need of something to do and he needs something fun to do.  How it changed, why it changed, I have no answers. 

I know he dreads cleaning the roof, especially this time.  Sitting under all these trees I can only imagine what it looks like.

I helped him get all the cleaning supplies and brushes and hoses and the power washer up there and I was there for turning the water off and on as needed.

And he washed.  And he scrubbed.  And he power washed.

Before….

IMG_8526

IMG_8527
……and after.   (partially cleaned)

IMG_8528
Back section all clean and white again.

Myra, our co-host, stopped in after dinner and told me that there was a Mexican Train game happening Tuesday morning and asked if I wanted to play.  Oh, I jumped on that!  She’ll pick me up in the morning.  I’m looking forward to some fun!

No comments: