Monday, June 9, 2014

6/9/2014 A Day Off, a Trip to Town

(Damascus, VA)

Another day off and no gumption to get up and go.  Sightseeing that is.

We did manage to get into town for a few hours.  Bob needed to make a trip to Lowe’s for this and that and the other thing.

I wanted to do a grocery shopping at Kroger, which is in Abingdon, rather than the smaller grocery store in Damascus.  The high prices were killing me in town.  Or so I thought.  While the prices were a little less at Kroger I can’t say it was a substantial amount less.  It seems to me that we get a whole lot more for our money in Arizona than we get for the same dollars here in Virginia.  It isn’t just me, two other couples here, who winter in Arizona, agree with me.

There’s a lot of music festivals coming up in the next weeks.  That’s great news for Bob, not so much for me.  You see, they are bluegrass festivals and I don’t do bluegrass.  I will go just to get off the mountain but I will also bring a book and my laptop and will retreat to the truck when I just can’t take anymore.  And Bob will be happy and so will I.

We haven’t seen the hummingbirds a whole lot in these past two weeks or so.   We don’t know where they went but they are starting to return.  Our co-camp host says they were nesting but we’re not sure about that.  Don’t they still need to eat?

Bob and I have decided that we are going home for a week.  We need to touch base with family and friends.  Our campground managers don’t have a problem with that at all and have requested that we just don’t go during the busy 4th of July weekend, certainly a reasonable request.

Back to work tomorrow.

No comments: