Tuesday, January 13, 2009

1/13/09 Strawberries Everywhere!

Bob and I left the park around 9:30 this morning for my 10:00 appointment, he in the 550 and me in the 350. We'll leave the 350 in the busy parking lot today for exposure. There is a Fry's grocery store in the same complex the PT's office is in.

I was looking forward to this appointment but dreading it at the same time. Would he/she hurt me? Would this even work?

I went in and once again had tons of paperwork to fill out. You would think in this day and age that one doctor could easily fax over the info to the next when he prescribes extra outside treatment. I guess that is too much to ask for.

The therapist asked me lots of questions about the pain I was having. He said this was so he could connect the dots to figure out what was causing it. Well, after about a half hour or so it was determined that I do NOT have a strained muscle from my groin to my knee but that my lower back is out of whack. He pushed and prodded and when I left after another 30 minutes I could get my knee up to my chest in a sitting position, something I couldn't do when I walked in. I felt great! No pain! A miracle worker! I was on Cloud Nine! I hadn't felt this good since the third week of December!

Back at the resort I found that the sign up sheet for the Strawberry Shortcake Night was filled! Ann and I talked it over and decided since strawberries were on sale right now that I might as well get some more when we went to pick up the truck after work.

The office is very busy right now because so many more people have arrived since the holidays and everyone is getting their tickets for the events we have coming up.

We have singer Rebecca Dawn coming in this Friday and she is a big draw so her tickets are selling pretty steadily.

When we went to pick up the truck this afternoon we found it had a warning on the windshield from the local police department. It seems they frown on leaving a vehicle with a for sale sign on it on public property. We are glad that they had the courtesy to give a warning first and not slap a ticket on us.

Bob went on his way home and I stopped in to get more strawberries. Twenty seven more quarts to be exact. Thirty nine quarts of strawberries. That's a lot of berries to clean and slice. Here's what thirty nine quarts of strawberries looks like in the freezer. These are mostly gallon size freezer bags and they are loaded!

IMG_6085

Giving ourselves the leeway of 1 quart for waste we figure with 38 quarts we can comfortably make 137 - 140 desserts. The sign up sheet was expanded and started filling quickly! We're already figuring out what we can make next week! I think its a toss up between peach cobbler and banana splits in a cup.

I've received a comment from Bill and Treasa and have no way of responding to them to answer their question. I've had this happen before also. Here's what I'm going to do, if you want to ask us a question about places we've been, RV'ing in general or really anything at all, send us an email at SnookieQ at America On Line dot com. Now I'm sure you can figure out what you should be doing there, I didn't want to make it easy for those programs that scan blogs for email addresses to catch mine. So ask away and I'll answer your questions, posting them if they are general info questions and privately if they are more personal. Waiting to hear from you!

1 comment:

LaVon Baker said...

My mouth is watering.... strawberry shortcake is a favorite of mine.