Sunday, January 25, 2009

1/24/09 The Oranges are So Good!

I have not eaten an orange since I was a little kid. I'm talkin' 45 years ago! Now I can't seem to get enough of them. Arrangements were made for an "Orange Man" to come into the park and as a thank you he gave me a free bag. I put some in the fridge and Bob reminded me that they were in there so I thought, "Oh, what the heck, I'll taste one". That's all it took. Now I'm eating 2 or 3 a day. So juicy, so sweet! Don't these look good?

IMG_6150

My friend and co-worker, Kim and I spent the day writing our park's newsletter. We realized what day it was and that we are running out of month and thought we had better get it done. This was the first issue I have really been responsible for and I was concerned that it wouldn't get done in time, especially since the month is passing by so quickly. Since the office was closed most of the day anyway and there is lots going on around us so the office wasn't very busy even during the few hours we were open, we were able to knock out quite a bit of work. We finished up 12 pages of it today, not bad for five and a half hours of work. We will probably have four more pages before we're done. We'll need a couple of more hours and we can put this issue to bed. One more issue to go.

Tonight we had the Cancer Survivor Party here in the park. This is a HUGE party and so much fun. Darlene (r) and Lynn(l) put this party on every year.

IMG_6154

Darlene is now an eight year survivor, certainly a reason to party! This party to celebrate those who beat this dreaded disease and to remember those who didn't.

Music was provided by the ever popular Carol Powers. She knows this crowd so well and just loves playing for us. She gets into the party just as much as we do.

IMG_6151

At one point all the survivors were asked to come up front. The number of people is staggering considering the number of people in the room in total.

IMG_6156

Here are George and Carol, Activities staff members, OMG, can they polka! I could sit and watch them all day. They never miss a step and put everything they have into it.

IMG_6160

This is my good friend, Al. The scarf around his head isn't a part of his normal attire. Everyone got these scarves tonight and I guess he didn't know where else to put his.

IMG_6158

This was another great party but boy oh boy am I hurting now. Since I haven't been able to dance lately because of the pain in my leg and since I was feeling really good when I got here tonight, well, you figure it out. Bob couldn't dance at all as he is in lots of pain right now too. He sneezed. Yep, a sneeze put him out of commission for a few days now. He sneezed really hard and it came with absolutely no warning. It happened at a time when he was in the middle of a turn and his torso was twisted and it really hurt his back. It even hurts him to laugh. We sure are a pair right now.

No comments: