Monday, January 26, 2009

1/26/09 Today We Went to.....

Can you figure out where we went today? Give up? We went to....

clip_image002clip_image002[5]clip_image002[9]

That's right, we went up to Mesa to a pizza place called Organ Stop Pizza. We went there last year and enjoyed it so much we decided to go back this year. Last year it was at Christmas time so we saw the Christmas program with a guest organist, this time it was with the usual show with one of the regular organists.

IMG_6164

I don't think I could ever get tired listening to this instrument. Probably because it makes the sound of nearly every instrument there is.

Darrell and Dona rode with us and we had an enjoyable trip there and back getting to know these two even better. They are planning on coming back again next year.

Another look at it during the question and answer period.

IMG_6166

I can't even imagine knowing what one quarter of these keys do!

We sat up in the balcony today and took notice of the ceiling fans. They are run by belts and pulleys!

IMG_6165

Since everything was under control and I wasn't missed in the office when I returned I figured it was a good day to take the rest of the day off. Jeannie has been on me to take some time off anyway. I will gladly do that when it gets really warm out. We're only in the mid-70's right now and I want it a tad bit warmer when I start laying out and working on the tan. No farmer tan for me this year!

I received this in my email today. I laughed out loud at this and hope you get a chuckle too. Thanks Skip!

The pastor asked if anyone in the congregation would like to express praise for answered prayers. A lady stood and walked to the podium. She said, "I have a Praise. Two months ago, my husband, Tom, had a terrible bicycle wreck and his scrotum was completely crushed. The pain was excruciating and the doctors didn't know if they could help him."

You could hear a muffled gasp from the men in the congregation as they imagined the pain that poor Tom must have experienced.

"Tom was unable to hold me or the children," she went on, "and every move caused him terrible pain. We prayed as the doctors performed a delicate operation, and it turned out they were able to piece together the crushed remnants of Tom's scrotum, and wrap wire around it to hold it in place."

Again, the men in the congregation were unnerved and squirmed uncomfortably as they imagined the horrible surgery performed on Tom.

"Now," she announced in a quavering voice, "thank the Lord, Tom is out of the hospital and the doctors say that with time, his scrotum should recover completely."

All the men sighed with relief. The pastor rose and tentatively asked if anyone else had something to say. A man stood up and walked slowly to the podium.

He said, "I'm Tom." The entire congregation held its breath. "I just want to tell my wife that the word is sternum."

3 comments:

LaVon Baker said...

I laughed so hard I about p--d my pants and Don laughed harder than me.

Anonymous said...

snookie
glad you liked joke
quit working so hard,you are retired
skip

Anonymous said...

snookie
glad you liked joke
quit working so hard, you are retired
skip