Saturday, January 17, 2009

1/17/09 Pancake Breakfast

Its that time again, time for the dreaded monthly pancake breakfast. I don't like these things. You have to get up too early. This was the first time this team has been responsible for one so I felt as though I should be there. The day starts way too early for me.

So I showed up at 7:50, the team got there at 6:30, and things were well under way. Our breakfast starts at 7:30 and at 7:31 the first pancake was being served.

It was a huge breakfast this time. I don't recall ever having so many there for pancakes before. We served 112 in two hours time.

Here's George keeping the pancakes coming.

IMG_6083

Another thing that started this month in the park is the "Orange Man" coming every Saturday until the end of the season. I had passed him on the side of the road earlier this week and stopped to talk with him. I asked him if he visited RV Parks and he said no, but that he would like to. So I invited him to come to Quail Run.

IMG_6084

I don't know how many bags he sold but I do know that it was quite a few and he was quite happy. It seems every other person I saw had a bag of oranges in their arms. I tasted one and they are oh so sweet! Most of the bags had about 20 good sized oranges in it and they run $4.00 a bag.

As soon as the kitchen was nearly cleaned up I made my way home. I wanted and needed to be done for the weekend!

After dinner I went to the hot tub again. It was full tonight with seven of us in it. A little crowded but we had a good time and lots of laughs.

I'm sure you've all seen the pictures of the plane that crashed in the river in New York this past week. Have you seen the picture of what is believed to have caused it? If not, check this out!



1 comment:

chumly said...

A terrorist Goose. That I understand.