Friday, January 16, 2009

1/16/09 Rebecca Dawn Sings!

I slept like a baby last night! I was even able to sleep on my left side, as usual, something I haven't been able to do since before Christmas. If its because of the hot tub then I'll be in that thing every night!

We had quite a busy day today with last minute tickets being sold for our show tonight and Valentine's tickets flying out the door.

Rebecca Dawn came into the park tonight to entertain us. And entertain us she did!

We had seen her here last year and even though parts of the show were the same it was enjoyable to watch all over again.

She does a part of her show from the floor interacting with the audience. This year was no difference. Here she is with The Peacock of the Park, my good buddy Don. Now why she picked him out of all the audience members is beyond me. I really don't think it had anything to do with me standing behind him and pointing to him when she looked at me.

IMG_6057

During her salute to the military she must have asked for a Marine because when I came back into the room our good friend and neighbor, Steve (we stayed him and Carol in Utah) was up on stage with her.

IMG_6067

She left him with this souvenir.

IMG_6068

I think she was singing "These Boots Were Made for Walking" when she brought Pat Y. up on the stage with her.

IMG_6062

I forget what the next song was but Pat got right into the dance with her!

IMG_6061

Here's another winter resident that stepped up to the plate. You just have to give these people credit when they get up and sing along when they and everyone else knows that singing is not their strong suit. But hey, its all part of having fun here. Here's Mel Y. singing his heart out as he sings one of the Salute to the Military songs with Rebecca Dawn. Sorry Mel, didn't mean to say you can't sing but if you were still working I'd tell you to keep your day job. Just kidding my friend.

IMG_6072

During the second half of the show she dressed as Patsy Cline. Ron S. was just enjoying this a bit too much!

IMG_6079

During the intermission we tried something new. We sold sodas and popcorn and it was well received by the winter residents. We'll try this again next time to see if it goes over as well as it did tonight.

I went to check the hot tub out after the show to see who was in it and I found our friend Wilf all alone and enjoying the heck out of it!

IMG_6076

No comments: