Tuesday, January 27, 2009

1/27/09 LOOK! IS IT YOU?

IT'S GOING TO TURN!
IS IT YOU?
LET ME KNOW IF IT IS!
No need, it was me.
I ran the counter up with the posting I've been doing getting the blog caught up. Sorry, Wilf, maybe next time. You've only got 999 page visits to go and you'll get another chance at it.
It was one busy day in the office today! I had ten things going at once and each staff member was busy and the ticket window was busy all day and on top of it all we've got a Super Bowl Party to get together in just a few days. Our pastor has just gotten a projector type thing and the picture is 60"! He's offered to bring it to the Carnaval Room and share it with all of us for the Super Bowl. We've got to get the word out now and I bet once it starts it will spread like wildfire. I can already imagine all the food we'll have. There won't be a need to cook dinner that day!
I'm really torn on who to root for in this game. Our Eagles had gotten so close and were beaten out by the Arizona Cardinals. So do I root for the Steelers because we're from Delaware and Pennsylvania is our neighbor or do I root for Arizona because this is our winter home now? To tell ya the truth, at this point all I care about is the commercials. At three million dollars for 30 seconds they better be good ones!
Bob and I spent some time today filling out the paperwork for our Passports. We're going to get the Passport Cards they offer now since we'll need one to get through Canada on our way to Alaska. Cards are a lot less expensive than the Passport booklets and Bob says he is never, ever going to get on a plane again to visit some foreign country, that there's a lot to see in this country. I have to agree with him. The card will get us into Canada and Mexico and that's all we need.
We had a cold front come through and we're back in the long pants again. I hear we'll be back in the mid to high 70's in a day or two. That would be nice but I want the 80's!
So there it is, another day in paradise.

No comments: