Sunday, January 18, 2009

1/18/09 A Casa Grande Street Fair

What an absolutely beautiful day it was today! We're back up in the mid to high 70's every day now and you can just tell spring is in the air. At least here in the desert it is.

Jeannie picked me up at 11:30 so that we could go in town to Casa Grande to check out a group called the Keepsakes for possibly booking them here in the park. They weren't taking the stage until one so we had time to check out the vendors and wares for sale.

IMG_6089

I just love these small town street fairs, the smells, the sounds, the people.

IMG_6098

This vendor sold the most amazing metal work. I really could have spent a fortune here if I had some place to put these things.

IMG_6090

There were lots of metal workers displaying their handiwork and each one was different.

IMG_6091

Being from Quail Run, I really liked this quail family, especially since it was only $49.00! The colors in it are just beautiful.

IMG_6094

As we were walking down the street I heard that familiar sound and it didn't take long for me to find this musician.

IMG_6096

To me, the sound of a pan flute is just so special.

In all the times I've been to downtown Casa Grande I never took notice of this wall mural before. The colors are so vibrant I don't know how I missed it.

IMG_6099

Jeannie checking out some embroidered shirts. Take notice, no ugly socks today. I made sure before I got in the car with her!

IMG_6100

As we walked down the street we stopped to look at something and then noticed the people who were sitting behind the display. Actually, it was the dog that caught our eyes.

IMG_6104

If you had to write a caption for the next picture, what would it be?

IMG_6105

There was a little girl, Kaylee, who wanted her picture taken too. Isn't she a cutie?

IMG_6106

It was getting close to one and everyone was finding a seat to watch the band.

IMG_6110

Soon it was showtime! The Keepsakes are a doo-wop band and the songs they sang brought back many memories for the audience members. I watched and a lot of them had smiles as each new song was sung as if it was bringing back a memory of a boyfriend or girlfriend of long ago or perhaps a special occasion such as a prom. I saw lots of toes tapping and dancing in the seats.

This lady is evidently an avid follower of the band or maybe even a friend of the band members. When they saw her she was invited to show us how she cha-cha's and could this lady dance! She was fun to watch.

IMG_6114 IMG_6115

We enjoyed the band and we'll be sure to book them for next season!

Jeannie and I then went to lunch. I had never eaten at an In & Out before. Its a fast food hamburger joint and I have to say it was the best fast food burger I've ever had. McDonald's has better fries, but the burgers can't be beat!

After pizza for dinner I spent some time in the hot tub again. I'm gettin' real used to this.

Bob has been busy planning our route and stops for our trip this summer so he hasn't been up to much other than that. I don't mean to say that's all he does, it isn't, but its taking up a lot of his time.

This was one nice day!

1 comment:

kkading said...

Really like your page!! You do alot of fun things!! I am the mother of Kaylee the little girl who wanted her picture taken!! You really made her day!!! Take Care.