Thursday, January 15, 2009

1/15/09 Painting Everywhere!

The inside of the Oasis getting a facelift! Painting has started this week.

IMG_6041

Our maintenance team is just doing a wonderful job this year. You can see improvements all around the park.

Not only is this kind of painting going on by today Gary Pearman came to the park to teach oil painting in a day.

Here the class is just starting, listening to the instructor.

IMG_6042

I passed the painters at one point and it was just all blue skies.

IMG_6043

In no time at all we had a hill and some trees.

IMG_6044

Everyone sees things differently. Thank Goodness!

IMG_6045

The next thing I knew there was a forest!

IMG_6046

IMG_6048

Now remember, these paintings are all done in four hours time. Here's the finished product of Lenny's.

IMG_6049

I wanted to sign up for the next class but I didn't make it in time, I did however make the standby list, maybe someone will change their mind. We put the sign up sheet up and within 15 minutes it was full.

This class wasn't the last of the art being made in the Oasis today. A half hour after this class Scratch Art started.

IMG_6051

Sandy hard at work.

IMG_6052

I've never done this but here's what the finished product looks like.

IMG_6054

I'm walking much easier today. In fact, I'm feeling pretty darn good! I have a twinge just occasionally and I even managed to catch one of the dances when I passed the Advanced Line Dancing Class this morning. Maybe I don't need to do that physical therapy after all!

The physical therapists said that sitting in the hot tub would maybe help the sitution so this evening Jeannie and I sat in the hot tub for an hour and a half. We had the whole place to ourselves and it was nice to just sit back and relax. I was surprised there weren't other people in the hot tub because it has been quite busy lately. Bingo was going on, they must have all been in there playing. The air was on the cool side but by no means cold or even chilly for that matter, so we didn't mind getting out to re-set the timer every half hour. I think I'll do this again and again.

2 comments:

LaVon Baker said...

The hot tub... excellent idea! We're praying this will do the trick and you will be completely pain free and line dancing your sox off real soon.
Then maybe you will feel like coming to see us!!

Peggy & Bill said...

Isn't it great to have so much to do for us retiree's? These RV Parks offer the neatest art/talent. I'm hooked on that Scratch Art! And to think I never oil painted before either! Our park in A.J. keeps me so busy I have to carry a calendar all the time!