Monday, April 20, 2009

4/20/2009 DELURK * DELURK * DELURK

In my travels through other blogs, yes, I read other blogs too. I have learned that it is Delurking Day or maybe it's Delurking Week, I forget. Which, in a nutshell, means if you don't usually comment on my blog and are "lurking" out there, with no one knowing you're reading, I would be very happy if you left a comment, no matter how short, on this post. It could be like, "Reading here in Livingston, NJ" (No, Livingston, you can't use that, make up your own) Please delurk. I'll even say pretty please. With a cherry on top even.To prove that you can do it, I did it: I delurked today on a blog I have been reading secretly for months. I feel pretty good about it too! Blog writers LIKE to know that others are reading the blogs they work so hard on. I know of some people who read my blog because they DO comment, but my site meter tells me there are many more. Now, you can just leave a quick comment and let me know you're one of them! Please? Pretty please.

delurk_delight

About today, we were slugs today. We managed to make some reservations for military bases up the coast, we got the throw rugs in the rig washed, free laundry remember, we ate, we read, we played games on the computer. A whole lot of nothing! Tomorrow, I believe is a trip to the MOUSE!

Keep baby Stellan in your prayers as he is going into surgery very soon.

Above all D E L U R K!

14 comments:

LaVon Baker said...

Delurking here from Livingston, NJ. Ok, Ok, I couldn't resist. We did the vegging thing today too, sort of. There's just hardly anyone left here.
This was actually a very good post and a great idea. I'm thinking about "stealing" it.
Safe travels and tell Mickey "HI" for us.

Lou said...

Snookie, I also read other blogs as well. And I have to tell you, yours is always the one I read first. I have been reading your blog for about 2 years now. Your sense of humor makes my day. My wife and I are also full timers. At the present time we are work camping on a private preserve in Texas. We will be heading north and then out west this summer.

Now... can I consider myself among the "delurk"? Oh, and by the way...you almost had me on you April fools post. I almost didn't finish reading your post. Sure glad I did. Keep writing....I and I'm sure the rest of us love reading your blog.

Anonymous said...

OK - i'm leaving a comment. did you get my email about the puzzle things. you've probable already got them done if all you're doing is laying around for a few days. be safe in your travels.

Stephanie said...

I'll do it just because you asked so nicely! :) I found this blog via a friend in DC. I'm from Missoula, MT and I've loved reading about your adventures. If you're headed to Montana, let me know and I'll be happy to give you the insider scoop!

Anonymous said...

Here in fayetteville, GA is your aunt who reads daily.

Debbie said...

Well, I'm finally de-lurking! I'm in Arkansas and read your blog regularly!

Basically, I'm de-lurking because I wanted to tell you about an invention we found while in the Hill Country of Texas. I, too, hate canned drinks and some smart soul designed this top. Check it out: http://www.snapcapp.com/pilot.asp

I have no interest in the product other than I just LOVE mine!!!

Debbie

HelenM said...

Snookie: Just because you said "pretty please," I'm Delurking from Quail Run -- Glad to hear you're enjoying your travels. You've been visiting some of my childhood haunts. I grew up in Culver City, CA, and my family and I spent many fun days at Zuma Beach (up the coast a bit from Malibu). Yes, the traffic there is totally insane. We avoid it, now, whenever possible. Like great Spanish take out? Check out Tito's Tacos at Sepulveda and Washington Place. Superb!!!

HelenM said...

Snookie: Just because you said "pretty please," I'm Delurking from Quail Run -- Glad to hear you're enjoying your travels. You've been visiting some of my childhood haunts. I grew up in Culver City, CA, and my family and I spent many fun days at Zuma Beach (up the coast a bit from Malibu). Yes, the traffic there is totally insane. We avoid it, now, whenever possible. Like great Spanish take out? Check out Tito's Tacos at Sepulveda and Washington Place. Superb!!!

Peggy & Bill said...

Ok, I do leave a comment now & then, but just to make you feel better, I'll leave one to say HI!
Now, I need to update my blog!

Anonymous said...

OK, I'm delurking. Been reading your blog for quite a while now. So interesting. We're in stix and brix for a bit longer. We're headed to Charleston SC this Sat for a week. Kinda a preview to fulltiming; ok, ok, working folks call it vacation. Just a nibble to make me envious of all you get to do and see.

kdehri said...

delurking here frm california ive been foloowing since i played a game with you on bandit its an amazing journey you 2 have

Suburban Turmoil said...

Delurking to say hi!!

Debi said...

Delurking here from Indio, CA. We just found your blog on Itchitch a few days ago. So far - so good. We will stay with you on your trip to Alaska. Any chance of you going to Independence Gold Mine near Palmer?
My husband was born there. It is a neat place with lots of history. It is a state historical site.
Safe travels.

LynnieQ said...

delurking from Tampa, FL in Nov of 2011. But you know that don't you? Happy Thanksgiving to you and Bob.