Wednesday, April 8, 2009

4/8/2009 Time to Get Busy

I've been playing an awful lot lately. I guess I was trying to make up for all I missed this winter. Well, play time is over! We're pulling out of here tomorrow and I had a ton of stuff to do to get ready to hit the road.

Laundry, cleaning, taking stuff to the park model, paying bills, changing addresses on some things, and worst part of all, saying "so long".

There's quite a few of us leaving tomorrow. When we all pull out in the morning there will only be a handful of our friends left.

Around noon the fellow who did our weighing of the truck came by and dropped off the tire sensor equipment we bought. It will give us the tire pressure and I believe the temperature of all the tires. Good things to know when you'll be on the road as long we'll be. This device will maybe save us from an accident down the road. Its peace of mind if nothing else. If you want to know more about it you can read the particulars here.

I wandered over to Kathy and Lyle's this afternoon and found Bonnie working on her gazing ball that she is making. Her and Dan both being Harley riders, well, its easy to figure out why she picked this design. A lot of the women in the park have made these gazing balls and I'm thinking maybe I'd like to make one too. Kathy said she would help me. Now I just have to find a discarded bowling ball and figure out what I want to put on it.

IMG_7620

Here Bonnie's putting the grout on the ball.

IMG_7621

I didn't get a picture of the finished product so you'll just have to keep reading this blog until next fall when I can get a picture of it then. Now THAT'S a way to keep readers!

We ordered our last pizza of the season since the rig's kitchen was officially closed yesterday. Afterwards I made my rounds. I had to drop off my philodendron to Diane for her to take home to care for as I can't take it into Canada. I told her to take good care of it and if she killed it to buy another one, put it in the same pot and just lie to me next fall when she brings it back. I went to most of our friends houses/rigs to say so long, see ya next October/November/December.

I though I'd share with you some good advice!

CANCEL YOUR CREDIT CARDS BEFORE YOU DIE!

A lady died this past January, and Citibank billed her for February and March for their annual service charges on her credit card, and added late fees and interest on the monthly charge. The balance had been $0.00 when she died, but now somewhere around $60.00. A family member placed a call to Citibank.

Here is the exchange :

Family Member: 'I am calling to tell you she died back in January.'

Citibank: 'The account was never closed and the late fees and charges still apply.'

Family Member: 'Maybe, you should turn it over to collections.'

Citibank: 'Since it is two months past due, it already has been.'

Family Member: So, what will they do when they find out she is dead?'

Citibank: 'Either report her account to frauds division or report her to the credit bureau, maybe both!'

Family Member: 'Do you think God will be mad at her?'

Citibank: 'Excuse me?'

Family Member: 'Did you just get what I was telling you - the part about her being dead?'

Citibank: 'Sir, you'll have to speak to my supervisor.' Supervisor gets on the phone:

Family Member: 'I'm calling to tell you, she died back in January with a $0 balance.'

Citibank: 'The account was never closed and late fees and charges still apply.' (so if you have a $0 balance how can they charge late fees & charges?)

Family Member: 'You mean you want to collect from her estate?'

Citibank: (Stammer) 'Are you her lawyer?'

Family Member: 'No, I'm her great nephew.' (Lawyer info was given)

Citibank: 'Could you fax us a certificate of death?'

Family Member: 'Sure.' (Fax number was given ) After they get the fax :

Citibank: 'Our system just isn't setup for death. I don't know what more I can do to help.'

Family Member: 'Well, if you figure it out, great! If not, you could just keep billing her. She won't care.'

Citibank: 'Well, the late fees and charges will still apply.' (What is wrong with these people?!?)

Family Member: 'Would you like her new billing address?'

Citibank: 'That might help...'

Family Member: ' Odessa Memorial Cemetery , Highway 129, Plot Number 69.'

Citibank: 'Sir, that's a cemetery!'

Family Member: 'And what do you do with dead people on your planet???'

(Priceless!!) You wondered why Citi is going broke and need the feds to bail them out!!

I hope you got a smile out of that!

No comments: