Tuesday, April 7, 2009

4/7/2009 A Day With the Girlfriends

Bob started his day getting a permanent sun visor installed across the top of windshield of the truck. A local woman, Rosie, runs the business and makes house calls to do the work.

IMG_7638

IMG_7639

While that was happening I went to the normal Tuesday morning line dancing. Except today it wasn't "normal". For whatever reason the Carnaval Room is closed to us now so we had to take the dancin' to the streets.

About a dozen of us met a Sandy and Carl's and danced there.

IMG_7611

Carl set up on their porch and played the music from there.

IMG_7612

When "New York, New York" was played we pretended we were the rockets and danced in a long line. Oh what these 50 - 60 year olds won't do for amusement!

IMG_7613

We didn't last too long today because it was really blazing in the sun!

It was just as well because LaVon was picking me up today so we could have a "girlfriend" day in before we parted for the summer. We went out to lunch, did some shopping and ran some errands and ended up getting manicures and pedicures to finish out the day. I love spending time with her. Everyone needs a LaVon in their life. I'm glad I've got mine.

While I was out having fun Bob was busy at home installing another gadget on the dashboard. This one will keep track of how hot the transmission is getting...or running...or something.

IMG_7662

Between that one and this.... well, I think we're pretty safe on the road as far as the engine is running. As long as we stay within the normal temps we're good to go. That's what he tells me anyway. I'd just as soon turn the key and go but then that's why he is in charge of these things and not me.

IMG_7663

No comments: