Friday, April 24, 2009

4/24/2009 Campers Are The Nicest People!

I asked our neighbor across the street what he was using to clean his rig's windows because we are having a problem with hard water spots and a smear we can't seem to get rid of. He told me what brand it was and where to get it. It seems you can only buy it in Costco and that is a membership we do not hold which I happened to mention. I came back to our place and didn't think anything more of it. A little later in the day I was sitting at the picnic table reading and he came over with a four pack of the window cleaner in his hand. He made a trip to Costco to get this for me! I'm sure he picked up other things for his own household while he was there but I was just so pleasantly surprised at what he did. I guess it didn't hurt that Costco is just down the street from where we are but this gentleman is so nice he probably would have gone out of his way. It seems he's just that kind of fellow.

We got the tire pressure system problem ironed out. The owner of TST Truck called us this morning and agreed that it looked like we had a less than perfect system. He asked what we wanted as he was willing to do anything to make us happy. We could have told him that we wanted a whole new system and that would have been ok with him. Bob opted to keep him on the phone and have him talk him through the de-programming of the system and then reprogramming it with our truck in mind. Mr. Covington had no problem doing this and now we are good to go. Everything is working, all is good.

When we were at the store the other day we bought these snack chips that are to die for! When you see these in the store, splurge! You won't be sorry.

Panetini Garlic Toast

The following is from an article in the St. Petersburg Times Newspaper on Sunday. The Business Section asked readers for ideas on "How Would You Fix the Economy?"

I think this would work! Here's one fella's letter to the President.

Dear Mr. President:

Please find below my suggestion for fixing America's economy. Instead of giving billions of dollars to companies that will squander the money on lavish parties and unearned bonuses, use the following plan. You can call it....

The Patriotic Retirement Plan

There are about 40 million people over 50 in the work force. Pay them $1 million a piece severance for early retirement with the following stipulations:

1) They MUST retire. Forty million job openings - Unemployment fixed.

2) They MUST buy a new AMERICAN car. Forty million cars ordered - Auto Industry fixed.

3) They MUST either buy a house or pay off their mortgage - Housing Crisis fixed.


It can't get any easier than that! If more money is needed, have all members of Congress and their constituents pay their taxes...


Did you know that the pop icon of all nine year old girls, BARBIE, is turning 50 this year? I mean really, don't you think its time this happened?

barbie

I'll close this today with this....

tunnel

4 comments:

Earl&Chris Chandler said...

Just to let you both know we have been reading your blog...very much enjoy it as we are originally from So.Ca. I also am ordering the SnapCapps for us, a very good idea. Mine will be purple tho!
Earl and Chris

LaVon Baker said...

Retirement plan... works for me.

Janet said...

I like that "Patriotic Retirement Plan". We talked about that a few months ago.
Chilly here today, but getting much needed rain.

BUD AND SHELLEY said...

HEY I SEEN THOSE POP THIGS HERE IN SC. I WASN'T SURE WHAT THEY WERE UNTIL I SEEN YOUR POST! I WISH I WOULD HAVE BOUGHT THEM.