Saturday, April 25, 2009

4/25/2009 Taking Advantage of Free Laundry

If it was right for machine washing, it got washed today! I was determined to take advantage in every way I could the final day of the free washing machine and dryers we have available to us. Throw rugs, mattress pad, blankets, robes, every piece of clothing and towels in the laundry. Done!

While walking back and forth to the laundry room I took notice of this tree which seems to be an apartment house for herons.

IMG_7768

I watched this one for the longest time. I think its the dad. He watched but he didn't get too close.

IMG_7765

I think this bird when he/she was able to fly away.

IMG_7766

Have I mentioned we're in the flight path for LAX? This is regular lens, NOT zoom. I could have sworn I saw the pilot wave!

IMG_7767

Next to each site is a little patch of flower garden.

IMG_7770

I don't know what this plant is but the flowers are pretty.

IMG_7769

So tomorrow we'll take our leave of here and head north. We're both ready. Its time to move on.

1 comment:

LaVon Baker said...

Ooooo those are pretty flowers. I have heard the name but can't remember, but I think it's like a description of a person, like Jester or Damsel or something like that. Call me "crazy," what do I know?