Thursday, April 23, 2009

4/22 - 4/23/2009 This and That

Its cloudy and chilly here in southern California, at least along the coastline it is. I'm not sure about inland. We are no longer enjoying the high 80's and low 90's of a few days ago.

This post is going to be a mish-mash of all kinds of things.

We haven't been off post other than to pick up our mail at the main post office and to go to the grocery store. Its so dreary and cloudy it doesn't lend to motivate us to go anywhere.

So let's get on with this.

I ordered the SnapCaps that Debbie from Arkansas sent me the link to the other day. I'm eagerly awaiting their arrival. Pepsi's by the case are certainly cheaper than the twelve packs of small bottles I've been buying therefore making this Queen of Cheap a happy camper. In case you missed it, I'm talking about these.

Are you the grocery shopper in your household? Do you make a grocery list? I found the ultimate grocery list. It it ain't on this list, you don't need it! This list is perfect for the cook who plans weekly meal menus.

Was this something we were supposed to learn from our Mom's????? I can't believe it's been there all this time.

tin foil

I had to go into the kitchen and check this out for myself after I read about this in an email sent to me.

You know when you try to pull some foil out and the roll comes out of the box.
Then you have to put the roll back in the box and start over. The darn roll always comes out at the wrong time. This happens to me all the time!

Here's what the email said.

Yesterday I went to throw out an empty Reynolds foil box and for some reason I turned it, and looked at the end of the box. And written on the end it said, Press here to lock end. Right there on the end of the box is a tab to lock the roll in place. How long has this little locking tab been there? I then looked at a generic brand of aluminum foil and it had one, too. I then looked at a box of Saran wrap and it had one too! I can't count the number of times the Saran wrap roll has jumped out, when I was trying to cover something up. I hope I'm not the only person that didn't know about this. I know you're going to go and check your boxes, so go ahead!

I haven't bought aluminum foil in quite a long while now because I stocked up on it when I had some coupons and it was on sale and then there was a half roll full in the park model when we bought that. Well, I finally ran out and had to go to the store to buy some more. Now I don't know if this is just because we're in southern California or what (I find the prices here HIGH!) but I paid $9.89 for a box the other day. Granted it was Reynold's Wrap brand and it was 200 feet....but almost ten bucks for a roll of aluminum foil????

While we're "in the kitchen" I want to share a recipe with you. You won't need measuring spoons or a big bowl because this is a recipe for LIFE.

1. Take a 10-30 minute walk every day. And while you walk, smile. It is the
ultimate anti-depressant.

2. Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day. Talk to God about what is going on in your life. Buy a lock if you have to.

3. When you wake up in the morning complete the following statement, 'Today,
my purpose is to __________ . I am thankful for______________'

4.. Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat less food that is
manufactured in plants.

5. Drink green tea and plenty of water.. Eat blueberries, wild Alaskan salmon.

6. Try to make at least three people smile each day.

7. Don't waste your precious energy on gossip, energy vampires, issues of the past; negative thoughts or things you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment....

8. Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a college kid with a maxed out charge card.

9. Life isn't fair, but it's still good.

10. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.

11. Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does.

12. You are not so important that you have to win every argument. Agree to
disagree.

13. Make peace with your past so it won't spoil the present.

14. Don't compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.

15. No one is in charge of your happiness except you.

16. Frame every so-called disaster with these words: 'In five years, eight months, or even ten days, will this matter?'

17. Forgive everyone for everything

18. What other people think of you is none of your business.

19. GOD heals everything - but you have to ask Him.

20. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.

21. Your job won't take care of you when you are in need. Your family and friends will. Stay in touch!!!

22. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need..

23. Each night before you go to bed complete the following statements: I am
thankful for __________. Today I accomplished _________.

24. Remember that you are too blessed to be stressed.

25. When you are feeling down, start listing your many blessings. You'll be smiling before you know it.

While I'm in a recipe sharing mood, here's one more.

Gracie Allen's Classic Roast Beef Recipe

Gracie's recipe

Gracie Allen's Classic Recipe for Roast Beef

1 large Roast of beef
1 small Roast of beef
Take the two roasts and put them in the oven. When the little one burns, the big one is done. Oh, that is soooo Gracie!

Bob spent the day yesterday trying to install the rest of the tire pressure monitoring system. He was not a happy camper. It looks to US that this system is maybe a previously used system. We didn't pay for refurbished equipment! I made several calls to the company headquarters,,,they have been wonderful,,, and the owner of the company asked us to email pictures of what we had concerns about. We did so right away but I'm thinking by the time they got them their office was closed for the day anyway. We'll see what happens next. We paid a lot of money for this thing so I'm hoping it turns out the way we want it to.

Like I said, a mish-mash of a post, but its all I have to offer for today.

That's about it. Have a good one!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Snookie,
This is my official "de-lurk" and a forward from Karen Knaffle re: Suncoast -- Seems Art has been sick for quite a while. Now he and Linda have been dismissed from their positions at Suncoast. Karen thought you might do a happy dance.
Please keep up the blog - love it.
Ann Cooke

Anonymous said...

I liked your recipe for LIFE. How true! We had beautiful weather today--upper 70's--so we played 18 holes of golf. Fun!!! We so enjoy reading your blog. Take care.

Peggy & Bill said...

Oh where have you been living & shopping????? Those little tabs on the end of the boxes of wraps have been there for quite awhile! Do you work in the kitchen? No, mom didn't teach us, they weren't there then!