Friday, October 15, 2010

10/12 – 10/15/2010 Purge, Purge, Purge

The Great Purge of 2010! We are going full steam ahead clearing out unwanted items.

I started with kitchen cabinets and cleaned out more than half of the dishes for which I had a lot of one of a kinds. Gone! Serving bowls made of metal. Gone! Serving platter with Easter eggs painted on it. Gone! I have so much room now! That’s really a good thing because I’ve been dragging Corning Ware serving pieces around the country that I don’t use anywhere but here when I have to make something for a large group. They now have a permanent home which gives me more room in the 5th wheel.

Bob cleaned out the shed. There was so much room in there now it wasn’t even funny! Of course it was quickly filled again with things we’ve been carrying with us in the 5th wheel. Things you don’t use often and if the truth be told, things we don’t use anymore but we paid good money for and we just can’t bear to part with it yet. Maybe this spring he’ll go through the shed again and make a decision to let go.

Clothes that we left here. I went through them and was able to pick out some that I know we aren’t going to wear again. They are now bagged up and ready for Goodwill.

We started bringing things over from the 5th wheel that will stay permanently in the park model and then the rest of the stuff that we’ll need for the next 10 weeks. We played it smart and didn’t bring all of our clothes over because in two and a half months we’ll have to take them back.

We made so many trips with just food.

IMG_6817

This is what I started with …..

IMG_6824

….and when I was done I had this!

IMG_6825

And it was packed in there!

IMG_6827

I told you there were some things left here by the previous owners. Well, one particular item caught my eye. Coffee creamer. Bob likes his coffee black and i wondered why I was hanging on to this. I looked at the date on it.

IMG_6822

Yes, that sell by date is Oct 2008! Of course it found its way to the garbage can.

In fact I can do one better than that! I’ve been carrying these dried beans around since,,,,well, look for yourself.

IMG_6823

I must have packed these from the HOUSE back in 06! You guessed it, GONE!

There are two cans of Mandarin Oranges in my cupboard. I didn’t buy them. They were left here by the previous owners. I tried to throw them out last spring because the use by date was 09. Bob insisted they are still good and that he would eat them. I still have them. If they aren’t gone by December 31st….GONE!

We’ve made trips to town nearly every day since we’ve gotten here. A new hose was needed one day. Some new locks for an outside compartment on the park model was needed another day. We went to look at carpeting on another because we are putting new carpet in the park model. A trip to Goodwill was another day and we were loaded! I bring this up because we decided on the way here that we were going to make as few trips as possible to town. So much for those plans, huh?

On one of the trips I got this for you LaVon!

IMG_6796

2 comments:

LaVon Baker said...

Great tree! I don't think I've ever seen that one. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

where did you put the books? Barb