Friday, October 29, 2010

10/29/2010 WHAT Is He Doing???

IMG_6835

Let me give you a clue. It has to do with our next door neighbors getting a new roof last year.

IMG_6837

Bob was walking near the truck and something caught his eye. When he picked up and realized what it was he was hoping there wasn’t any of these in our tires already! Our neighbor got a new roof last year and when the roofers pulled the old shingles off the ,,,, I guess you call them roofing nails although they look like large staples,,, were just discarded on the ground. The ground being covered by gravel we never noticed them. Until now. Of course last year we didn’t park on this side either and rarely walked in this area.

Bob first concocted this small magnet, maybe two or three inches long, and a stick and I don’t even know how it was all connected and he was trying to gather the nails/staples with this contraption and it just wasn’t gettin’ it.

I asked a few people in the park if anyone had a metal detector. No one did. Art, a friend of ours, suggested we get a magnet from Home Depot. It would come attached to a handle and was probably 10-12 inches wide. Well, alright! That would work! So this morning we went into town and got this the magnet/long handle thing. it works well!

IMG_6839

We didn’t count how many of these nails/staples he picked up but I would guess a couple of dozen.

IMG_6838

He swept the magnet over the area several times and he couldn’t get anymore so we now feel safe in parking the truck back in this area.

He’s glad this is over!

Our weather has been just delightful as we’re in the 90’s everyday. I wish it could be like this all winter. We are hearing this is going to be a warmer than usual winter and we’re hoping that’s right!

fall leaves

30 Days of Truth - Day 12 - Something You Never Get Complimented On

I never, EVER, get complimented on my singing. Of course, I can't carry a tune in a bucket so that may be why.

I never, EVER, get complimented on my fashion sense. I'm a fulltimer I live in shorts and T's or jeans and sweatshirts, therefore I have none.

I never, EVER, get complimented on my cooking other than a "that was good" from the hubster. It's because I don't ever cook for anyone else.

I can't think of anything that I do that warrants a compliment. I'm not especially outstanding in anything. So I can’t think of anything I do that I feel as though I SHOULD get complimented on but don’t.

Just average...and happy about it.

1 comment:

Tracy said...

This sounds stupid but I buy expensive perfumes and never ever get a compliment on how I smell. I don't wear a lot of it as I cannot stand to smell a person when they are a football field away from me or you smell them way before you can see them. So I am considerate when I spritz. I also believe perfume should be smelled when you are close to that person so maybe I don't wear enough. But damn smelly stuff is expensive. I always compliment women on how they look and smell. I think the highest compliments come from other women.