Thursday, October 28, 2010

10/28/2010 Another Day of the Challenge

Well, we go the truck back today. They called mid-morning and said it was done and that if Bob was ready they would dispatch someone to come get him and bring him back to the dealership. The mechanics saw what was wrong and feel confident in their steps to correct it. It took bending a pipe that's all I know. Yesterday I said that I was right about it being cha-ching, cha-ching. I'd like to pull that comment back. It wasn't cha-ching, cha-ching, it was......

CHA-CHING, CHA-CHING !!!
Of course this is coming from the Queen of Cheap. Let's just say our bill was closer to four figures than two.
I spent the afternoon at the pool again and it was HOT, HOT, HOT! I could sit out for about twenty minutes then had to go in to cool off. We're hittin' 95 or close to it. Of course its dry heat. Dry or not, ninety five is hot!
No leaves today for a subject break. I'm on a different computer.
30 Days of Truth - Day 11 Something People Seem to Compliment You Most On
This is toss up. Its either my hair or my nails.
I have a head full of thick, curly/wavy hair that I don't have to do anything to it. I don't color it so I don't have to deal with that. As a kid I would do anything to straighten it. As a young teen in the late 60's / early 70's long straight hair was all the rage. Mine was long, but not straight. I used to sleep on the largest rollers I could find, think orange juice can sized, to get the curl to relax some. Every night. I never did go as far as ironing it although that idea crossed my mind a time or two.
Today, I'm lovin' the curls! I wash it, towel dry, run my fingers through it and I'm done.
My nails also get equal billing. I have my own with the exception of the occaisional nail break that goes too far down sometimes and its just better to get a nail tip on it or an acrylic overlay until it grows out. My nail are very strong so that doesn't happen to often. I do get my nails done every week as that is my one self indulgence.
However, I am past due for a haircut and I don't have a speck of polish on my nails right now.

3 comments:

DeWayne and Joy said...

Hey, how's about sharing some of that thick gorgeous hair? I think when I hit the lottery or some other rediculous pipe dream, I'll go and let Bosley do a hair transplant. :) I don't have any trouble growing fingernails either, and it's also something I get complimented on. Can't bring myself to pay someone else to do them tho, so mine don't look professionally done. Definitely amateur! I also get compliments on my eyes. That's it. So, let me know when you want to share some of that hair! :)

Tracy said...

My eyes. They change color almost like a mood ring. Sometimes they are bluer, sometimes aqua, gray, green to hazel. Always with a yellow ring around the pupil.

LaVon Baker said...

It's neither you hair (even though it is lovely) nor your nails (and they always look nice)... it's your writing and your bloggling expertise! You're a wonderful writer who is so much fun to follow.