Tuesday, October 19, 2010

10/19/2010 Yet ANOTHER Trip to Town.

Do you remember a few days ago I told you that Bob and I decided we were going to cut waaayyyy down on our trips to town? Well, we went again today. We’ve gone EVERYDAY so far. At least one of us has made a trip every single day. And we’re not done yet. We have to go pick out the stone for our landscaping, we have to pick out flooring materials, we have to pick out paint and we have to go furniture shopping. Today’s trip got flower planting out of the way,,,well, at least a start.

Bob chopped up the Organ Pipe cactus that we lost and got it tied up so that it can be carted away.

IMG_6828

IMG_6829

After our trip into town we got busy planting plants.

IMG_6830

Now I can’t take credit for the hanging planter, I didn’t plant that, but see that scrawny little plant in the pot on top of the railing? THAT’S MINE!

Here’s another horticultural masterpiece.

IMG_6834

The wind kicked up pretty good so we had to put everything away to finish up tomorrow. I can’t wait to get this planted!

IMG_6832

We had stuffed peppers for dinner, something we haven’t had for quite awhile.

Can’t wait to see what tomorrow brings….a trip to town perhaps?

fall leaves

30 Days of Truth - Day 2 - Something You Love About Yourself

Hate. Love. Both very strong emotions and not something I’m comfortable talking about when it pertains to a way I feel about myself. I am hardly an egocentric or a narcissist so this is difficult at best.

But I have to pick something because it’s how the challenge goes.

Ok, I LOVE that I’m a good friend. Loyal to a fault sometimes. I’ve heard someone say about me…..”If Snookie is your friend, you have a friend for life.” That’s true. Susan and I have been friends for 51 years. Lourie and I go back forty three. I have high school girlfriends I still keep in touch with and childhood friends that I still call on their birthdays every year.

I’m the kind of friend that if you are going to make a mistake I do my best to stop you. If you need encouragement I’m the one there beatin’ the drum and waving the flag. If you’re in trouble, call me and I’ll be there in a flash. If someone hurts you, point them out and I’ll go kick them in the shin. You need a shoulder, use mine.

Am I the perfect friend? Heavens no. Sometimes I miss a sign that a friend needs a good listener and I’m running my mouth instead. Those are the times that “I” need a friend I guess.

They say if when you die, you have five true friends, then you have lived a rich life. To have good friends. you have to be a good friend. If I die tomorrow, I’ll die wealthy. Very wealthy.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love....my sense of humor! Lourie

Anonymous said...

I love my eyes!!

LaVon Baker said...

You are a wonderful friend. Good call. I love that about you, too!

Anonymous said...

I love that I'm organized and dependable.

Anonymous said...

I love that I can keep on going in spite of the obstacles. I never want to stop learning and moving ahead.

Anonymous said...

Around the right people I can be fun.

Tracy said...

I love that I am a very caring, loyal, and dependable person.

DeWayne and Joy said...

I love that I was blessed with common sense, combined with the positive side of ADHD, which makes me more able to see the broader picture of things, allowing me to be good at my job when I was still working. I was always able to streamline and organize any job into a much more workable situation. I can troubleshoot a situation by weeding out the irrelevant from the relevant pretty quickly to find a solution.