Friday, October 22, 2010

10/22/2010 Are We Under A Black Cloud?

Nothing seems to be going right lately. I know we really aren’t under a black cloud and its just a coincidence that all these things are happening, or not happening, within a few days.

It started the day before yesterday when I called the Texas Motor Vehicle to see if they received any paperwork from the dealership in Michigan where we bought the new rig. No, they hadn’t received anything which means we can’t get the 5th wheel registered yet. Its in storage so it’s OK that it sits there with expired temporary tags but this is something we would like to get completed.

Ok, so I call the dealership. Yes, they sent it out but NOT to the TMV, they sent it to US. The lady gave me a tracking number because it was sent via express mail to our address in Texas and she could even tell me who signed for it. I told her I would call our mail forwarding service and get back to her.

I called the Escapee’s office and told them that I was looking for a piece of mail that was delivered on September 27 and I gave the name of who signed for it. I wasn’t on hold long and the young lady came back and said yes, they did receive and it was sent to us in our package when we were in Kansas. Nope, sorry, it was not in our package I told her. She said that she would call the person whose mail was packed right after ours to see if it was put in their package by mistake. She went on to say that rarely, if ever, happens but she would check because after all the work is done by humans and mistakes can happen. She called right back and no, they didn’t get any mail that didn’t belong to them.

So here we are, an important piece of mail, a very important piece of mail, is missing. I called the dealership again and told Cindy what my conversation was with our mail forwarding service. She was kinda, sorta at a loss for words because the paperwork she sent us HAS to be originals for the registration. Copies just won’t do and Texas has confirmed this, original paperwork, not copies must be used.

So now Cindy has to contact Carriage, have them duplicate all the pertinent paperwork, send it to Michigan, they’ll re-do their portion of the paperwork and send it to us again. Cindy went on to tell me that this has not happened to her before and she has no idea how long this process will take. Alrighty then. I asked Cindy to keep me informed of every step that is taking place and I gave her my phone number and email address. I haven’t heard a darn thing from her. I called her today to find out if she contacted Carriage as yet but I forgot about the time difference and the office was already closed for the day. I’ll call again Monday.

So, today I called the mail order service that Bob will get his prescriptions from. Early in the week we had an issue with the amount of the pills prescribed and needed to get it changed. Bob waited on hold for 42 minutes, oh he was not a happy camper, and then needed some info that I had but since I had taken the trash up to the bin he couldn’t get everything taken care of. He told the lady on the phone (Libby) he wasn’t waiting 42 minutes again and she gave him her cell phone number that he could call when I returned. We thought that was very nice of her. Of course just mere minutes after he hung up from her I walked through the door. I called her right back and left a message in her voice mail the info she needed from me. Today…..I called to find out the status of the prescription and the Express Scripts tells me they have no prescription on file for Bob. Oh no. This can’t be happening. I called the direct line to Libby’s cell phone and left a message. Within minutes she called back and said that the prescription has to be signed by the doctor and he hasn’t been in all week but will be there Monday morning. She assured me she would get it signed first thing and get it faxed over.

The truck. Still don’t know what’s wrong with it. Bob is checking out everything he can but it looks like a trip to the mechanic is in order. Our checkbook is cringing already.

On a happy note….. How would you like to take part every day in feeding the hungry, both human and animal? I’m glad you said YES! To help feed the human side go to www.Freerice.com. For every word you define correctly, this UN World Food Programme site donates ten grains of rice to countries coping with chronic hunger. Its very easy and quick. You are given an everyday word and then 4 one word definitions. You click on the right one and ten grains of rice show up on the plate to the right. Before you know it you have a bowlful. The words are simple so it takes only a second to pick the right definition.

Want to feed dogs in shelters? Go to www.freekibble.com. Answer a trivia question correctly and 10 pieces of kibble are donated. This took just seconds to do.

If you are a cat lover you can do the same thing, Go to www.freekibblekat.com and answer the trivia question there.

I’ll put all three of these sites in my favorites and in my normal morning computer routine I’ll take a few minutes and make a difference in someone’s life by contributing food and I’ll make sure tiny tummies in animal shelters across the land have kibble. So much to give in such a short amount of time. Won’t you join me?

fall leaves

30 Days of Truth - Day 5 Something You Hope To Do in Your Life

These questions really make me think.

I have to pull out the ol’ Bucket List for this one. Oddly, there isn’t anything on my Bucket List anymore. I’ve done them all. I’ve gone in a hot air balloon, I’ve gone white water rafting, I’ve done the parasailing thing, I’ve jumped out of the airplane. My list is empty.

Is this where I’m supposed to write something noble like find the cure for cancer or bring about world peace? Well that’s not gonna happen!

Something I want to do in my life….. I guess to continue our travels and visit all 50 states. We have eleven left and that is certainly doable and that just doesn’t seem worthy to list in this challenge.

I wanna be slim again. LMAO…oh yeah right, like that’s gonna happen, I’d have better luck at world peace.

Ok, here’s one because I truly don’t know if this is a possibility for me. Oh wait, possibility yes, probability, I don’t know. I would love to use our Space Available flight benefit that we have to travel to other countries. There is so much to see in this wonderful country of ours but I’d love to see Italy, Austria, Belgium, England and more of Germany. While we’re at it let’s throw in Greece and Egypt.. Take note that France wasn’t in that list. Nope, no desire to go there. So yes, its a possibility and something I’d really like to do….I just gotta work on Bob.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope to see Hawaii, all of it.

Phyllis said...

I'm sure Monday will bring you sunshine! :)

Anonymous said...

Since I've never traveled a lot, I always wanted to see the Grand Canyon - that is planned for this March. Having that out of the way, my next thing I hope to see is Alaska or go with Anonymous to see all of Hawaii!!

LaVon Baker said...

Would love to see all 48 states.

Tracy said...

I am now working on a new bucket list. Tommy and I just returned home after a 7 month trip across the US through Canada to Alaska and back. Since I was about 11 I wanted to go to the Grand Canyon, Alaska, and Yellowstone. We went to thoses places this year, in that order too, as well as many other wonderful places. I am so happy we were able to travel. Now new dreams need to be created. :)