Thursday, October 21, 2010

10/21/2010 Rain in the Desert

Woke up early this morning, six thirty! What was I thinking? Actually it was the pitter patter of raindrops on the roof that woke me. That’s a sound we don’t hear often in the desert during the time we’re here. It cleared by mid-morning but the day was on the cool side, I don’t think it got out of the 70’s today.

Bob took advantage of the cool day and polished all the chrome on The Beast. He also spent quite a bit of time trying to get answers to the “sucking air” sound we have via the forums on the Internet. Usually those guys come through for him but today he got 300 different causes for that sound. He’s working at narrowing it down.

Since it was a cool day I baked a cake. And Google came to the rescue when I couldn’t get the darn thing out of the pan. I had never had that problem before and when I googled “can’t get cake out of pan” I found out that a whole lotta people have had this problem because there was site after site listed to give you suggestions on how to fix the problem. Seems I left mine cooling too long. It was an easy fix, I just had to put hot water in a bigger pan than my cake pan and set the cake in it. Five minutes later my cake was free! How did we ever live without Google????

Our Phillies won tonight! They HAD to win so it was a sit on the edge of our seat every time the Giants were up kind of game for us. Game six on Saturday.

fall leaves

30 Days of Truth - Day 4 - Something You Have to Forgive Someone Else For.

I have been thinking about this one and thinking about it. I have gone all the way back to my teen years trying to think of something that I have to forgive someone for. I can’t think of a darn thing.

To me, to forgive means much more than “gettin’ over it” If I was to have an argument with someone and they really crossed the line with their words but a few hours later everything was hunky-dory, well that is just gettin’ over it.

Now if you really screwed me over like telling a major lie about me or telling a major lie to me, making a pass at my husband, using me, or anything else of that magnitude then that would call for forgiveness. Of course if you did any of those things to me I would kick you to the curb so fast you wouldn’t know what hit you. I don’t mean I would literally kick you, it means that I would banish you from my life so fast your head would spin. I guess the term forgive and forget doesn’t apply to me. I don’t ever forget! Those who have crossed this line with me don’t get the time of day from me. I will be the best friend you’ve ever had but screw me over in a major way and you’re history and there is no chance of getting back into my good graces. There are four such people who used to be in my life. I choose not to forgive. Actually, there’s nothing to forgive, they are just gone,they don’t even exist for me. This is my truth.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have to forgive Ron for being such a p___k......

Anonymous said...

I forgive my mom for breaking up our family and for trying to fix it when she didn't want to. I know she thought she was doing the right thing for all of us.

Anonymous said...

I forgave my ex for the torment he put our daughter and me through during our marriage. Frends and family don't know why but I needed to do this for our daughter. It took many years to do this but I did it! I got through it and it feels so good to get rid of the hate. Now, he is on marriage #3, but we have become the parents our daughter always wanted and needed. We are there for her and her family. She loves she can have both of us together at bithday parties, holidays, or just plain hanging out as a family (including #3). Do I love him? NO but I've learned to like him and it feels good.

Anonymous said...

Someone (Italian--and she put that spell thing on me) making a mountain out of a molehill and alienating my husband and I from many friends. She is phoney and I just can't get over it.

Unknown said...

Definitely a Rhoads trait--this forgiving and never, ever, ever forgetting. And you won't get another chance either. I have a few people on my list too.

DeWayne and Joy said...

I have no problem forgiving anybody except my children's father who has done nothing but hurt them all their lives. If it happens to me, I can forgive but NEVER forget. It's a different story when it comes to my kids.

Anonymous said...

Snookie - www.animalrescuesite.com is more generous with their food(.6 bowls) for every click - they also have tabs for literacy, breast cancer, hunger, rain forest - all you do is click once a day! Barb

Anonymous said...

Also.....nasty Bob! Polishing the chrome on the Beast all day! :) Barb

Tracy said...

I have to learn to forgive some family members that continue to be mean with smiles on their faces. Some people will do what they can to be an irritant in what is otherwise a pretty happy family. But I am only one person. Until more of the family bands together and not tolerate the crappy behavior, I will have to become thick skinned and do what I can to avoid them.