Tuesday, October 26, 2010

10/26/2010 30 Days of Truth / Day 9

I’m going right into the 30 Days of Truth Challenge because we didn’t do a darn thing worth writing about. I did walk though! I am keeping up with that! YAY ME!

fall leaves

30 Days of Truth/Day 9 Someone You Didn’t Want To Let Go Of …...But Drifted

Yes, I have someone in my life that I didn’t want to let go of but we drifted anyway.

There’s a lot of friends that I’ve had that I’m not close with anymore, some that I never see or talk to and that’s ok. I have a saying on the sidebar of my blog that goes like this…

There comes a point in your life when you realize:
Who matters,
Who never did,
Who won't anymore...
And who always will..
So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

I firmly believe this and I think all of those people in my past were there for a reason if only for a season or two.

However, there is one that I think about often, that I wish was still in my life but isn’t anymore. Its not all her fault, its mine too. In fact, its a relative of mine. A cousin. At one time we were very close but then things started changing. She was always telling me that she would email me about this or that, but nothing ever showed up in my mailbox. I would leave messages for her to call but my phone didn’t ring. It seemed like I was always the one reaching out to keep our relationship going but she wasn’t putting any effort into it in return. Sure, I could have kept calling but I have feelings too. We never had any bad words between us. It’s a shame, I valued our relationship and I miss her but it couldn’t be one-sided. Like any relationship, both parties have to be present, both have to give something and I wasn’t willing to beat this dead horse anymore. I just gave up.

I truly hope she thinks about me once in awhile, I hope she misses me and I hope that somewhere down the road we re-connect before its too late. I honestly don’t know if I’ll make that first move, I know I should, but I don’t hear my phone ringing or see her return address in my mailbox when I read my email. Communication lines run both ways. Stubborn on my part? Probably, but I don’t know if I could take yet another sign of indifference or rejection from her.

That’s my truth.

5 comments:

LaVon Baker said...

I hear you. And I think there comes a time when you've done all you can do, except wait.

DeWayne and Joy said...

One of my sisters drifted away from the entire family for many years. Not completely, but enough for me to miss her terribly. I was recently able to be around her again and we both realized how much we have missed "sister time" together. Now it seems she has drifted away again and I miss her even more. She has her reasons, but it doesn't make it any easier. Maybe someday she will realize that none of us are perfect and we all love her for who she is.

Tracy said...

This question is an easy one for me. It is a person named Lori. We were childhood friends and went in and out of each others lives but when we would reconnect, it was like no time had passed. To bring the long story down to one or two lines is difficult but in a nutshell I felt very very used and betrayed by her. Needless to say we drifted.

Anonymous said...

I had a special friend who moved next door to me from Chicago. We were extremely close for the ten years she was next door and then for a few more when her family relocated to Texas. She even came up to be with me when my husband passed. All of a sudden, I didn't receive any phone calls/cards/e-mails/etc. from her. We were like family and she shared "secrets" with me that she didn't share with her sister! Her boys were like my daughter's little brothers. I did ask her what happened between us and if there was something I said or did to upset her. She told me nothing happened and that we are still friends. I believed this but still never heard from her again. I too gave up like Snookie. Can't be one sided friendships.IKeep in touch with the boys (adults now) but not with her. So sad, so very sad. Still love her and always will. Hope she feels the same towards me - but I'll never know.

Anonymous said...

Sue, I just lost touch with her, now that I have more time on my hands, I will get in touch soon, and Isabel, we type on facebook but never find the time to get together. I will get my but over to see her soon.