Friday, October 8, 2010

10/8/2010 HOW MUCH did you say????

We thought it best if we went to the Commissary today rather then waiting until Saturday when everyone and their brother will be there.

So off we went, its time to stock up. Now we know we are not that many days away from Quail Run so we decided we were going to SHOP!

The store wasn’t crowded at all so we pretty much had the place to ourselves. Moving at a pretty good clip we walked up and down the aisles only stopping in sections where we knew we would buy something. As it turned out the weekend before we got here was the case load sale and evidently they had some left over because we got to buy veggies and fruit by the case. Bob just loves canned peaches and fruit cocktail.

About 45 minutes after we entered the Commissary we had a large cart that we could not put another thing into. I couldn’t have found room for a pack of gum if my life depended on it.

Off to the check out counter I go. This is where Bob says, “See ya!” and he goes to the truck to wait. My checker was really fast and she kept two baggers hoppin’! She was running my items through the price checker just as fast I could put them up.

All things checked it was time to pay the piper. We had really stocked up on meat and things like foil paper and a large package of paper towels, things that had a hefty price tag on them.

I gave her my coupons for deduction and was thinking to myself, “Well, here goes $225.00 out of the checking account.” When she gave me my total I just looked at her. Oh. My. Did we really buy that much?

IMG_6766

Did we really stuff our cart that full? Better yet,,,where are we going to put all this stuff?????

I really did buy a lot of meat!

IMG_6759

With the family packs and large sized pieces that I cut in two, we managed to get 39 meals out of grocery shopping trip today.

IMG_6761

We are so thankful that we invested in that extra freezer that we carry instead of a washer/dryer.

IMG_6762

So, I don’t need to go to the grocery store except to buy bread, milk, eggs and fresh veggies for the next two months because once a week we have pizza anyway and I had a few meals worth already on board. Both freezers are full.

So where did we put everything? EVERYWHERE there was space! I have cabinets filled to the brim, bags in the empty space under the sofa, boxes under the dining room chairs we don’t use, the basement, the closet floor and the truck! I have no idea where I’m going to put this stuff in the park model because I have less storage space there. Oh, what have we done????

3 comments:

Karen and Al said...

I think you needed a few more coupons.

DeWayne and Joy said...

Well, it looks like a good time to stop by for dinner, huh? I'll have a baked potato with my steak. lol Oh, and that's a nice looking plate you have there in the sink. We are in Three Rivers, CA tonight in the cutest little cabin. I love it here.

LaVon Baker said...

That's a lot of meat!!! It's a good thing you have a big truck.