Monday, October 25, 2010

10/25/2010 It Never Goes As Planned

Bob got an early start this morning because he was taking The Beast to the Ford dealership in town to find out what this sucking air, whistling, fan belt squealing sound is. When he started the truck and took off he heard the sound repeatedly, it comes, stops, comes again, stops again, returns….and then it was gone. By the time he got to the dealership the sound wasn’t there anymore. Aggravating!

Since they had no vehicles in the bays he did take the opportunity to get fuel filters changed out as we were past due on that. Before he left he made arrangements to drop the truck off late tomorrow afternoon so that they will have the truck in the morning and they can take it for a ride starting with a cold engine. It seems that is when it makes the noise. I have a feeling this one is going to cost us BIG. Just a gut feeling and I’m hoping I’m wrong but alls I can hear is cha-ching, cha-ching, cha-ching. As it was after fuel filters we were nearly $200.00 poorer. Oh I long for the days when you popped the hood and there was more space than engine! Back in the days when the average guy could work his truck. They are so computerized now one is lucky if you can add windshield washer!

So he spent the afternoon washing the truck and he started to get a coating of wax on it.

I, on the other hand, got the laundry caught up. One whole load but it was something to do.

I’m still doing the walking thing! I walk the perimeter twice each day and ride my bike around twice. Its a start and I really plan on keeping up with it. I do want to get a set of …the word escapes me… think Walkman and you’ll know what I mean.

The Arizona State Fair is going on right now and we’re planning on going Friday. It’s Military Appreciation Day and there will be no admission fee….so what the heck, we might as well go. It will get us out of the park because we’re starting to go stir crazy. We’ve got park fever and we have to get of here for a day.

A friend of mine from Delaware, Kris K. and her neighbors made this display in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month, baseball and the fall season. Notice the pink outfit, the pumpkins and ta’s ta’s are made to look like baseballs although in this picture its hard to see the stitching,,,but look close.

This picture is titled as: Are you ready for this?

SAVE 2ND BASE

save 2nd base

fall leaves

30 Days of Truth - Day 8 Someone Who Had Made Your Life Hell or Treated You Badly

Oh boy. I have two that I would love to throw under the bus here.

I have started this and deleted it so many times. I can’t write this out. Both are on my no longer a part of my life list.

One stole my heart and stomped on it. One stole my friendship and trust and threw them away. I’m upset sitting here just thinking over the details of each instance again and I have to say that this is one question I just can’t elaborate on. It is not worth to me. They are not worth it to me. Neither one is worth more of my time, what it would take to tell the story.

Not worth it, I can’t do it.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would have answered my ex but I got over that (in a previous comment). No one has ever hurt me as much so there really isn't anyone in my life now that I would want to do this to.

Anonymous said...

I found your blog via your comment on MWOP. I enjoyed reading through the beginning last night. Looks like you live a fun life!

Dianne said...

chicken

LaVon Baker said...

I totally concur.

Tracy said...

The other day the question was about someone you have to forgive. My answer to this question stems from that question. Yup same people. I did not elaborate on who it was, and I will leave it that way today as well. But 2 people, 1 in particular, has made every family function, every get together a real "treat". Shame to say I can't get away from them...it would be more hurtful to someone I love.

Anonymous said...

Ron made my life hell and treated me badly...