Saturday, October 30, 2010

10/30/2010 Picking Out Stone

Today we went to town to pick out stone. Gravel. There is no grass here in the desert so everyone spreads gravel to keep down the desert weeds. Some have red gravel/stone, some white, some gray, some a multi-color.

We took a good sized sample with us in an empty coffee can to try to match it. We found out that our lot has a mixture of two types of stone so we aren’t going to be able to match it after all. They had both types that make up our lot now so we just had to make a choice. One of them was 3/8 inch round which means no sharp corners. Easier to walk on in your bare feet if you had to. The other? Not so forgiving on the feet, sharper edges, points and the color just wasn’t as pretty.

Out of the two the one we picked cost the least so that made me happy. When he said $17.00 per ton I was as happy as could be. Bob figured out we needed four tons so I had $68.00 planted firmly in my mind. Uh-uh. Forget that. We’re not getting a minimum of ten tons so we have a forty dollar delivery charge! I wasn’t such a happy camper anymore. It will be delivered at 8:30 a.m. on Monday.

We headed home, Bob puttered around the house and I headed to the pool. I’m slowly but surely getting that summer tan back.

fall leaves

30 Days of Truth - Day 13 - A Band or Artist That Has Gotten You Through Some Tough Times

I thought about this one and thought about it. I like music. That said, it is not the end all, be all for me. I can sing along with an oldie but don't ask me who sang it unless its a no brainer like the Beatles, The Stones, The Temptations or The Supremes. Throw in the Beach Boys, Elton John and a few others and I can identify those.

So I can't apply this question to my life, I can't say that a band or an artist gotten me through a bad time listening to their music. I wouldn't have turned to music, I would have turned to a friend or family member in a bad time.

This is my truth.

1 comment:

Tracy said...

I too like music but cannot say one artist or band got me through a tough time. One thing that did is the messages that my grandchildren left for me and I did not delete them from my answering machine. Some of the messages were songs and some were just the cutest messages of love. When I would have a really stressful day at work, sometimes I would call home and listen to one of the messages and it would instantly make me feel better. :)