Tuesday, May 29, 2012

5/29/2012 Let the Eyeball Bleeding Begin!

Oh what a slow day again at the ramp. Just dead!


Since I had so much free time I decided to take some pictures of my surroundings.


There’s the marina, of course.


IMG_1800


This is a little café/convenience store here at the marina, ironically named, The Marina Café.


IMG_1801


Another view of the marina. (Take note of this gorgeous weather!)


IMG_1802


Here’s the café on the left and the bigger building houses the State Park Rangers, a laundry room, and men and women’s showers for the boat people in the marina, public restrooms, and the offices for the Delaware State Seashore Park and all that it entails.


IMG_1803


So that’s the main area of the marina. I’ll show you the rest on another day. (Which means when I take the pictures of the rest of the area)


Is it just me or does this shadow look like it belongs to a partridge (think in a pear tree) rather than a seagull?


IMG_1799


I knew it was going to be a slow day so I took two nearly stale rolls with me. What a mistake that was!


I thought I’d feed one or two seagulls a good lunch but then the next thing I know the whole darn flock showed up!


IMG_1808


I only had two rolls and they all wanted to eat.


IMG_1809


IMG_1810


I fed as many as I could by breaking it up into smaller pieces. When the rolls were gone I announced, “ALL GONE” but they wouldn’t leave. I even tried moving the golf cart a little bit in hopes they would take off. Uh-uh, not happening. I moved to the other side of the parking lot, they followed me. Note to self: Don’t bring food for the seagulls anymore!


Towards the end of my shift I found out I was supposed to be off today. There has been much confusion and talk about which days were going to be ours and evidently a decision had been made but no one told us. So I went home to tell Bob that he didn’t have to go in that its our day off. He was glad because the ramp isn’t busy but wished he had known ahead of time so that he could have gone fishing. Oh well, it’ll all work out.


I walked over to the fee booth to talk with my friend Lynn and as I was sitting there visiting my online friend, Deb from New Hampshire, pulled in. She’s been reading the blog for the last four years and we’re Facebook friends so when she hit the road for a vacation she included Delaware in her plans. She’ll be here until Friday morning we have lots to cram in the next few days.


After dinner Deb and I walked over to the water’s edge to watch the sunset. Now you all have been let off easy so far, we’ve been here three weeks now and you haven’t seen nary a sunset picture. Well, that stops now! New readers, get ready, since we are extremely lucky to have the most fantastic sunsets, you will see so many sunset pics over the next three months your eyes will bleed!


IMG_1820


IMG_1812


Ok, I’m done.

3 comments:

Russ Krecklow said...

oh boy...more sunset pictures!!!!!! Love them. Seagulls, too!!! Thanks so much for sharing.

LaVon Baker said...

Let the bleeding commence!!! These are my favorite.... today.

So fun that you got to meet Deb.

Donna K said...

Bring it on...we can take it!