Monday, February 11, 2013

2/11/2013 I’m Not Starting Out Too Good

(Arizona City, AZ)

I’ve got some events under my belt now and I’m not doing well.  Last night I played Women’s Pool.  Now I haven’t played pool except for two games, since we were last in Quail Run two years ago.  To save time it was set up to be One and Done.  Lose one game and you’re out. 

I played the game and it got down to the eight ball.  My opponent and I shot that black ball from one end of the table to the other and back again and neither one of us could get it in.  I finally had a shot from “the kitchen” and could set the cue ball anywhere I wanted.  I lined it up with eight ball which wasn’t too far from a corner pocket.  I called the pocket, pulled the cue stick back and pushed it smoothly between my fingers.  Just as pretty as you please the stick connected with the eight ball and it rolled across that green felt and dropped right into the pocket just as I called it.  And cue ball followed right behind it.  One and Done.  I was out.

Tonight it was Dominoes, well, as we know it, Mexican Train.  I couldn’t do a thing!  The tiles just weren’t working for me.

Bob has started his Monday night Texas Hold ‘Em game with the guys again.  He’s really missed playing this.

It’s a little on the chilly side, not getting out of the 60’s but its supposed to be warming up within the next few days.  We sure hope so!

No comments: