Tuesday, February 26, 2013

2/26/2013 A Mattress is Bought!

(Arizona City, AZ)

Mattress shopping has been going in between Cancer Dance prep, the Talent Show and just general life living.  A store here, a store there, and a decision has finally been made.  I thought more shopping was going to take place, possibly in Phoenix or Tucson because the pickings were so slim in Casa Grande.  That wasn’t the case.

I had to go into town this morning to pick up a few things (beer and Pepsi’s) and stopped by Sleep America to place the order for what was decided on.  I can’t take the pain anymore and Bob can’t take the moaning and groaning another night.

I was pleasantly surprised to find that the Serta mattress was marked down considerably, even more so than President Day Sale prices.  It seems as though the new mattress year starts in the spring.  This is the month the new colors for mattress coverings are debuted.  This years colors are black and white and gray and white.  Who knew?  Even more….who cares?  So the blue and white mattress, which is now soooo last season, was marked down from just a few dollars under twelve hundred to $874.  This made The Queen of Cheap very happy!  Of course the box spring isn’t needed so that was deducted and trust me, that isn’t whole lot.  The bedframe wasn’t needed either because we have a platform built in so that was also deducted.  Then the saleslady deducted even more because you guessed it, I asked if there was a military discount and there was!  So the  Serta king sized plush mattress is going to be $674.00 and a final cost after delivery charge and that darn sales tax (which we are still NOT used to) of $789.00.  The delivery and tax totaled a hundred and sixteen bucks!  They can deliver it tomorrow! 

I feel good that our RV manufacturer is going to be paying more than half of it.
So I’m sitting there while Chris, the saleslady, is writing it up and I’m just half listening as she said all the specifics out loud as she was typing.  Our name, billing address, delivery address, Serta Perfect Sleeper, Burnley Falls (the model) king size, 76 x 80, yada, yada, yada,.  WAIT!  76 x 80?  76 x 80??????  Oh this can’t be.  I told her stop, that I had to call home.  Bob answered and I blurted out, “Go measure the platform between the wall and the built in nightstand, call me back as soon as you have it.”  He did.  The news wasn’t what I wanted.  The available space was 74 inches.  RV king sized mattresses are only 74 inches wide, not the standard 76.  What are we going to do now?

I asked when the next delivery date would be and she said Friday.  Ok, Friday is good, change it to then.  We needed time to make some phone calls and decide what we were going to do.

Stayed tuned for the rest of the story.

No comments: