Saturday, February 16, 2013

2/16/2012 Another Olympic Week Closes

(Arizona City, AZ)

We were determined to make the best of the last day of the 2013 Olympics Week.

The muscle relaxer’s seem to be doing their job and my back is feeling better.  Nowhere near a hundred percent but better all the same.

I did take my name off the basketball throw because I knew there was just no way I could do that.

Our first event was the Bean Bag Toss, neither one of us did any good there.
Next up was Ladder Golf.  Bob scored 5 points but it wasn’t enough for a medal pay off.  I scored a mere 3 and wasn’t even considered for a split second to even be in the running for the 3rd place bronze metal.

Frisbee was our last game.  I was a little apprehensive about doing this one.  I did a few practice throws, without a Frisbee in my hand even, and I felt a twinge when I twisted as you have to do to throw the plastic disc.  I thought about it long and hard but decided I could do this.  I did, it twinge’d, I didn’t throw nearly far enough to matter.  Bob had one really good throw and thought maybe he had a chance but then others came along and just knocked him out of the running.  We had two players that just threw the Frisbee  farther than we had ever seen one thrown before.  Needless to say they took Gold and Silver. 
We went home for a short while to get something to eat and then returned for the closing ceremonies.  This is the first year that Bob and I didn’t win any medals.  We’ll do better next year!

We heard that our friend Don said, “If you can’t be an athlete, then at least be an athletic supporter!”  

So our Olympic flame was once again doused.  The week we so looked forward to didn’t turn out as we planned and hoped but hey, there’s always next year, God willing.

No comments: