Sunday, February 17, 2013

2/17/2013 Poolside,,,Life is Good

(Arizona City, AZ)

Bob spent the better part of the day looking for a new water softener for us on the computer.  He is very thorough in his research for the best one to fit our needs.  The water here is very hard, in fact, not even good for drinking.  If I don’t dry the dishes as soon as I wash them they look horrible!

My back is doing better and I’ve cut the Vicodin down to night time only and stick with Ibuprofen during the day.  I am so ready for this to be a thing of the past.

My friend Bonnie stopped by to see if I wanted to go to the pool.  I couldn’t get the word YES out quick enough.  I needed some girlfriend time and it was a beautiful, warm day outside.  We sat in the hot tub for awhile and it felt soooo good on my back.  I’ll have to spend more time in this hot tub.

We’re missing another good event tonight.  There was a dance in our hall and the entertainment is a fellow named Bunky.  We first saw him several years ago and even bought one of his CD’s.  He is performing tonight, free of charge.  He had performed here previously this year and during an intermission, Sandy, who heads our Food Drives, made an announcement about the parks efforts to replenish the local food banks shelves.  Afterwards he told Sandy he would come back and play for a dance as long as the admission price was foodstuffs for the Food Bank.  I’m sure we’re missing a great time but dancing is not in the cards right now and neither is sitting on those hard metal chairs for several hours.

No comments: