Tuesday, February 12, 2013

2/12/2013 Oh My Achin’ Back!

(Arizona City, AZ)

I’m sure I’ve mentioned before and very possibly more than once that the mattress in our new RV, well, to put it very bluntly, sucks.  It is way too soft.  I bought a pricey 4 inch foam topper thinking that would help.  It didn’t.  Not only is it too soft, it is not holding up well at all.  We’re disappointed, very disappointed.

I tell you this because I’ve noticed the past few days that my back has been aching.  I don’t recall lifting anything too heavy, turning or twisting and so I’m blaming it on the mattress.

Today our events for the Winter Olympics were Women’s Horseshoes for me and Men’s Pool for Bob.

It turned out not to be a good day for either one of us. 

When I got out of bed this morning I was especially sore and achy and thought it best if I tried the horseshoe throwing movement in the living room.  It darn near brought me to my knees.  There was no way I was going to be able to throw a horseshoe.  Scratch this event.

Bob didn’t fare any better. He was having a good game of pool but then it all turned downhill very quickly.

It's not turning out to be a year for medals for us so far this year.

No comments: