Sunday, February 3, 2013

2/3/2013 Super Bowl Sunday

(Westlake, LA)

Since we were staying put today we had decided last night that we would sleep in and wake up when we did,,,,clocks be damned!  Well, I was up at 6:30 and Bob stirred at 6:45.  So much for sleeping in.  I think we both just knew that it was going to be a beautiful day and we didn’t want to miss any of it.

The trees here are “in bud” here in Louisiana.  It will be just days before tiny little leaves are covering the branches.  Bushes have blooms that are opening and huge buds just waiting to burst open and splash color all through the park.  Spring is definitely in the air here.

I made a run down to the local supermarket to get in some goodies for our Super Bowl viewing.  I was lucky to get a bag of chips!  I have a feeling munchie stuff had been going out the door since the store doors opened this morning.

Did you watch the game?  I was sitting on the edge of my seat at the end but Baltimore pulled it off.

Baltimore Ravens Logo
I didn’t really care for the half time show.  I like Beyonce but to me this was mostly a laser light show.  What she did was good, I just expected more.

The commercials.  I love Super Bowl Sunday because this is one time that Bob doesn’t channel surf during the commercials.   I liked some of a whole lot,,,the Budweiser Clydesdale one, the Dodge Ram “God created a farmer” one and Mercedes new car coming out was a good one especially with Dafoe playing the devil.

There was only one we hated.  The pistachio peanut one with Psy….when oh when will his 15 minutes be up?  Go Daddy’s commercial was the pits too.

All in all it was a great day here in Westlake, Louisiana.  Spring is bursting forth, we watched a great Super Bowl game and we‘re one day closer to Arizona.

No comments: