Sunday, June 13, 2010

6/13/2010 A Day at the Beach

The perfect day for me is a day at the beach. I can sit in my chair and watch the world go by for hours on end.

Today was such a day. I drove down to Bethany Beach to meet up with Joy and DeWayne and we loaded up chairs, towels, beach bags an umbrella. a cooler and off we went.

We were on the beach by a little after eleven and I was surprised to see how many were already there. Then I remembered it was Sunday and the weekenders were making the most of their last day.

We found the perfect spot for us and proceeded to set up. Joy burns very easily so she spent most of the day under the umbrella, coming out from under for short periods of time to work on the all important base tan. DeWayne, he couldn’t wait to get into the water and he tried to tell me it was warm. Like I was gonna fall for that! I have to give him credit, he did go in. Of course all up and down the beach the kids were playing in the waves but kids don’t care how cold it is. I don’t know what age the reality of darn this water is cold kicks in but I know it doesn’t apply to between the ages of 3 and 14.

We all brought books today but not a one of us cracked one open. I brought my camera and didn’t snap one picture. I was just so content to sit and watch the sights. Oh. The. Sights. I really don’t think there is any need to go in to detail but now I’m sorry I didn’t take pictures! I swear some people just don’t own mirrors!

We had plans of going to the boardwalk in Rehoboth tonight but the early evening drizzling rain put the damper on the those plans.

When I got on here to get the blog caught up for the last three days I signed into the blog to see exactly where I had left off and I noticed this. Thank you readers!

IMG_5081

I’ve added the Frequent Readers to the right hand column. If you are frequent reader, please, sign on. A picture isn’t necessary.

1 comment:

LaVon Baker said...

Well, since you have no pictures on this blog, I checked out your ad.... Victoria's Secret. On the first page, there are only 6 items on the first page that I would ever even considered wearing public in my lifetime, even when I weighed 135. Can you pick out the six items?