Sunday, June 20, 2010

6/19-6/20/2010 A Busy Weekend In Camp

Summer is in full swing now, the kids are out of school, week and two week long vacations are starting and it seems everyone and their brother is heading to the beach.

Along with the crowds and traffic comes the heat and humidity. It seems like the dog days of August are here and its only mid June.

Saturday brought the reservations cards for me to do and Bob cut a little grass and in the late afternoon we both worked the store from 4 – 7. I’m always right on the money when I prove my drawer out and tonight I was exactly $10.00 over. Not $9.67 or $10.43, exactly ten bucks. I knew it was my mistake and I couldn’t find it. It took me nearly an hour to find that I had added a ten dollar roll of quarters to my rolled coin total AND to my loose quarters. It was right in front of me and I just couldn’t see it. As many times as I recounted that drawer I kept adding that roll to both sides, I don’t know why but it sure was frustrating, I was near tears until I just happened to glance at my paperwork and it was like neon yellow arrows were pointing to the loose quarters notation. I was so relieved to finally be done with this!

When I finally locked the door to the store and walked over to the booth to turn my moneybag and paperwork in I paused to admire the evening sky.

IMG_5190

Sunday brought early morning, read that as 4 a.m. fishing for Bob and a lot of heat and humidity later in the day. I never even set foot out of the house because Bob kept saying the humidity just takes your breath away. I saw no need to go out,

The evening sky promised a pretty sunset and by the amount of people at the jetty with cameras it was clear I wasn’t the only one thought that. I knew Joy and DeWayne were coming over to say so long so I called Joy and told her to be sure to bring her camera.

They didn’t get here in time and missed this.

IMG_5170

IMG_5171

IMG_5178

IMG_5185

IMG_5188

IMG_5189

I don’t think I will ever get tired of these sunsets!

It was just at the point above that Joy and DeWayne arrived. They are moving on tomorrow as they have to be back in Texas for a family reunion. We visited for a few hours and it was time for hugs and handshakes before we knew it. They have plans on coming to Arizona this winter so we’ll see them again for sure. We sure did enjoy our time with them and are glad they made first trip to the first state.

We bid them safe travels and called it a night.

4 comments:

LaVon Baker said...

Please keep sharing those glorious sunsets with us!

KarenInTheWoods said...

Fantastic Sunset! It was your reward for preserving till you got the drawer to prove out. When I worked in the hardware store, if a till didn't balance out, after trying again and again to count it, get someone else (that you trust) to count it for you. Sometimes the tiniest thing (like your roll of quarters) will be obvious to them when it wasn't to you.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Karen and Steve
(Our Blog) RVing: Small House... BIG Backyard
http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com/

KarenInTheWoods said...

Fantastic Sunset! It was your reward for preserving till you got the drawer to prove out. When I worked in the hardware store, if a till didn't balance out, after trying again and again to count it, get someone else (that you trust) to count it for you. Sometimes the tiniest thing (like your roll of quarters) will be obvious to them when it wasn't to you.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Karen and Steve
(Our Blog) RVing: Small House... BIG Backyard
http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com/

Tracy said...

I never can get enough sunsets. It is like the cherry on top for the day.