Monday, June 7, 2010

6/6-6/7/2010 Friends Arrive!

Sunday brought us a beautiful day and I more or less took the day off since I’m able to get my hours in just with the store and the reservation cards on Saturday. Bob on the other hand put in a few (2) hours this morning doing a walk with a pail and grabber picking up whatever campers left behind.

Now this brings me to the discussion of what SLOBS we, as human beings, are. Do you know that someone had the audacity, the uncouthness, extremely boorish manners to clean fish in the shower! And to leave the remains! In their favor, the remains were in a bag, now wasn’t that just so nice of them! Bob had the unpleasant task in another site to find what he thought was a pile of left behind clothes. In fact it was a discarded shirt covering up a bag of rotting fish remains. Bob doesn’t have the strongest of stomachs, if you will, and had a really hard time dealing with this….but he did. These people, at least I would hope, wouldn’t do this at home, what makes them think its ok here? I don’t get it. I’m never going to get it.

Sunday afternoon Bob spent several hours fishing. The blue fish are in! There was a feeding frenzy in the inlet and everyone was pulling in big blues, one after another. Can you say happy camper?

I spent the afternoon getting caught up on some of the laundry.

Monday brought a full workday for me in the store. It was a very long day since the campground was all but empty. I “think” I’ll be glad when school gets out and people are here all the time. I’ll let you know in a couple of weeks.

Bob didn’t have a good day at all. He was cutting grass around the volley ball court and somehow, someway, a stone was thrown and it went right through a back window of an RV. The one next to us no less. He didn’t know it happened until the lady came out and told him. Bob assured the lady that he would find out how this would be handled by the state.

We were having a meeting of the camp hosts at ten so after the meeting he met with one of the fellows on staff and a Ranger was called to take a report. And that was it on the part of the state. Bob went to Lowe’s and bought a sheet of plywood and cut it to fit the back window so that flies and mosquitoes didn’t have an opening to get into. He also went inside the trailer and cleaned up the glass. Now maybe its just me, but wouldn’t you think the owners of the trailer would have stuffed a towel or SOMETHING in that hole so that flies wouldn’t get in? Wouldn’t ya think??? Wouldn’t it make sense to do that just for your own comfort rather than waiting for someone to drive 24 miles round trip, cut the plywood to fit, secure it and whatever else he had to do? Bob said the trailer was just filled with flies and they had the nerve to complain about them! Help yourselves people! Its not like Bob did this on purpose, geez, he went above and beyond as far as I’m concerned. He didn’t HAVE to buy that wood out of his own pocket, he didn’t have to put the wood on at all. Yes, he felt obligated to because he caused it and that’s just the kind of person Bob is. Some other camp host or grass cutter may have said, “Stuff a rag in it until you get home and can get it replaced.” What’s that saying….”It takes all kinds”

During the morning meeting I found out that we are able to take advantage of all the State Park Programs at no cost to us so I’m going to be taking you all on some adventures this summer.

I don’t know if I’ve already told you this or not (and I don’t feel like going back to read past posts) but I contacted a local parasailing outfit and told them I am a camp host at the Inlet and that I would love to turn our campers on to them but first I had to experience it myself. How’s that for a blatant plea for a free ride? Well, the manager of the place thought it was a great idea and told me to come on down. So we’re going parasailing and I’m taking a camera with me! Of course we’re going to wait another week or two until the water warms up a wee bit more. They advertise a “dry” sail but I’m not too sure about that. Granted that last time I went parasailing it could have been a dry sail but the operator did dip us down into the water….. just because he could.

On the way home I saw this camper and thought their play on words was pretty good. This is a Class B type Rv. It may look like your standard van on the outside but it is all RV on the inside.

IMG_5071

On the back of the van they had a storage pod and it had this printed on it.

IMG_5072

Monday evening I rolled on down to the Bethany Beach Training Camp FamCamp to meet my new friends Joy and DeWayne all the way from Texas. There are new to the full time RV’ing lifestyle. Well, kinda, sorta. They have been living in their 5th wheel for the past year but have been sitting in one place at her Dad’s house. Now the open road has called and traveling has begun. Their first trip, why to the first state of course.

After getting the how do you do’s out of the way we took a walk down to the Salt Pond so that they could see their private beach and pier, the general area and the walking track which DeWayne will make good use of. We ended up back at their place at the picnic table until it got just a little too cool. Inside was our next stop while we talked about their travels here, side trips they want to take while here, what’s in the area to do. I hope we’ll see lots of our new friends while they are here.

IMG_5073

Before we went inside I did snap this. Just one, aren’t ya glad?

IMG_5074

No comments: