Saturday, June 5, 2010

6/5/2010 11,683 Steps Later –or- BOOBS!

Whew, what a day! My trusty pedometer tells me that I walked ALOT today. ELEVEN THOUSAND SIX HUNDRED AND EIGHTY THREE STEPS! Wow, it seems even more when I type it in caps!

My day started at 7:30 when I started putting out the 24 reservation cards I had. By then some of the ones leaving today had already vacated the premises, talk about gettin’ an early start!

By 8:45 I was done putting the new cards out, pulling the cards of those leaving today and checking to make sure the proper number of tents were on each site and that each tent was on the site it paid for and not its neighbors. I have to say it is very hard to determine where a tent site starts and stops. I’ve heard when they remodel the Inlet Campground that that problem will be addressed.

I had one lady stop me today and ask me why didn’t anyone tell her the flies were going to be so bad. FLIES! Oh. My. Gosh! The flies are so bad here right now. I don’t ever recall this place being so lousy with them. I told her that when she made her reservation no one knew what the fly population was going to be. I pointed out that we are all lucky they aren’t the biting horsefly type. She found her silver lining to this cloud when I told her that and she agreed it could be worse.

I’ve been meaning to tell you about something that happened here in the beach area over Memorial Day weekend. It seems as though in Rehoboth where the beach meets Queen Street, three transgender women, men transitioning to women, were sunbathing TOPLESS. They already had their breast implant operations done but still sported their man parts. The lifeguards approached the men er, uh, ladies,,,the lifeguards approached them and told them they would have to cover up. These individuals were on a public beach with a very large holiday crowd and children were plentiful. Some very confused children now probably. Right away they claimed discrimination because after all they still had their man parts and legally were men. You know, in my eyes, you just can’t have it both ways. If you have the need to change your sex, fine, do it, but you can’t sit on both sides of the fence. Once the procedure is started and you’ve got your boobs, or should they be called MOOBS, (man-boobs) then from that point on live your life as a woman and keep the girls covered up! As it turns out no arrests were made and the men covered up.

It’s been a lot of years since I’ve worn a bikini…a lot of years. Once I packed on those few extra pounds where the normal person would say, “hey, it’s time to shop for a one piece, the bikini days are gone” I stopped. Never again did I slip into a bikini or even a more modest two piece. Common sense (and decency??) dictated that I leave those bikini tan lines to nothing more than a pleasant memory. Why, oh why, are there some women who are even close to my age (56) that still insist on wearing bikinis??? Ladies, I say to you, “Give it up girlfriend, it ain’t workin’ for ya no more!” Your size 36 Long boobs do not belong in a string bikini top! Hear me now! You are an embarrassment to womanhood! HOWEVER, on the other hand, those who CAN,,,,can being the operative word here, still wear the smallest of bikinis, I say, “Good for you girlfriend, enjoy these years for they are few, but enjoy your tiny bikini ON THE BEACH or AT THE POOL. Please do not come into stores in the surrounding area without some sort of cover-up. There’s a time and a place. Trust me, I don’t need proof positive that you are cold in the frozen food aisle of the Food Lion. COVER UP! Men all over these parts, young and old, are walking around with bruised ribs because you can’t keep your beach attire at the beach! They are tired of being elbowed by their wives and girlfriends ! Once again,,,COVER UP! Yes, you are at the beach, but Food Lion is NOT the beach!

Before I get off my soapbox I have one more issue to rant about. Breast implants. If you had one, fine, I would hope that you got implants that were at least proportional to your frame. I saw a petite young woman here in the campground that was probably a 32 A before the implants and those girls are now a 32 TRIPLE G! GI-NORMOUS! Actually, ridiculous looking and that even came from the young 30-something men who were standing nearby and I overheard them talking. What was even more ridiculous was that she didn’t buy a larger bathing suit. Of course the bottoms were still the same size but the top should certainly have been upgraded! There was no material left for a bow where the top got tied in the back, the tie part barely reached. BandAids would have covered more!

Ok, I’m done.

3 comments:

LaVon Baker said...

AMEN Sista-Friend!!!

Karen and Al said...

I just don't know where to start after that post! Hilarious!

When my husband gawks at those gigantic fake boobs, I remind him that if he likes them so much, he can get a couple of his own and attach them to his knees, so that he can always see them.

Tracy said...

Oh man you are on a roll and I am right there with ya! Say it sister! Say it!